Predictions on sales of MR V2?

cayman shen

Master Member
History has shown that almost every single saber ends up dropping in value, lingering on ebay for abuot half-retail, sells completely out, then usually bounces back in value.

For example, OB1 ROTS:

Some paid $369 from MR.
Within a year it could be had for $200.
Now it's creeping toward $300.

Another example, QGJ. Now it can be found on ebay for under $200. Who knows what next year will portend?

Soooooo....who's leaping right on the V2, who's waiting? Damned if I'll pay top dollar, but if I miss this and it becomes the next OB ANH or BD Maul, I'm gonna kill myself. I suspect that it won't sell well except to a few hundred hardcore fans, but what do I know.

Are you getting it right away?

Do you think it'll sell?

I've been kicking this around for a while too....

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.... And like good old Ben said:

"You must do what you feel is right, of course."

I'm in..... If (when) it drops, my post will still be here to say i told you so.

They held over time, yes, but there is always an inital drop...I remember Dooku and Windu sabers for $150. Then they were gone. Now they're two, three times that.

So buy it now, or wait but risk missing out entirely and paying after market...? If it's a hit, how fast will 1500 sabers go? If it sells slow, how long will 1500 sabers linger in the bargain bin?

Sigh. I hate gambling.

The Mara Jade is pretty recent and it's more than held it's value. It was a more limited release though.

Yeah, what an anomaly. I can't believe there are 750 people in the world who want to have whats-her-name's signature on a fan-made lightsaber from a playing card game. Bizarre.

The Luke v2 is my all-time favorite Lightsaber, I got it right as it was released and will not regret it at all if it dropped even to $100. Some pieces are just that important to you....

Yeah, what an anomaly. I can't believe there are 750 people in the world who want to have whats-her-name's signature on a fan-made lightsaber from a playing card game. Bizarre.
yeah my thoughts and why i didnt get it, i can live without some fake whatever EU saber but not sure id want to pass on the must have v2...i will be monitoring this one carefully to ensure i dont miss out, and to not overpay as best as i can...
im super mad i got my han ee for 399 just to see other sites selling them for 300- a couple months later(still dont believe these are readily available)

The signature was added as a surprise. I think the die hard fans want it because of the EU history of the character. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what's her name or a playing card game.

The signature was added as a surprise. I think the die hard fans want it because of the EU history of the character. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with what's her name or a playing card game.

I'm getting a custom luke V2 with Crystal Focus built, so I'm gonna pass on this one. Just having a hilt that doesn't light hasn't ever made sense to me...

I here you Aluke, but there are certain sabers that you just can't live without. This is definitely one of them.

I went ahead. I plan to eventually get a couple Graflexs to convert them into Luke's so I'll need a V2 to complete the set.
I couldn't let this one slip through my hands like all the others. This saber will be buried with me.

As someone who came to the game late and missed out on a lot of the deals that existed on the items I want a few years back, I am jumping on the v2 and getting the SE from MR directly. It's one of the few sabers I would classify as must have, and will give me what may very well be my ONLY sig edition saber (unless I get lucky and finda Mace or Dooku).

I don't like paying MR prices, but I figure with it being the last they are producing due to license issues, better to just get it and bite the bullet now then to miss out later.

-GoldLdr

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back