Da Vinci Code Cryptex

Ashfrank

Anyone going to attempt?

If so, and you plan on doing a run, I am INTERESTED and will PAY MONEY...

--Ash

PS...to see some GREAT clips from the film, check out MSN...enjoy.

title_main.jpg

rosebox.jpg

rosebox2.jpg

I was wondering when somebody would mention this piece.

I think this just screams 'please make a replica of me', doesn't it?

It is one sweet piece.

when the DVD comes out (and frankly, when the movie comes out) we'll bet better images, but truthfully, it's a matter of ceramics if you ask me. a lot of sculpey and model gold and white paint might do it. again, it doesn't HAVE to function. that's just a bonus. that would be cool, though..

--Ash

I was thinking the same thing, AtAtLuvah. Ever since I saw it in the trialer months ago. I'm quite surprised it took this long and YES, it does look like it'll take some time, patience and a bit of money to get this one going.

Good luck. :thumbsup Whoever you are.

Actually, this looks like something that may pop up in the Noble Collection catalog. Keep your eyes open on that one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an officail replica of this. Seeing as how powerful the DaVinci code was in print and how much money it'll make at the box office.

I immediately fell in love with this prop but decided not to nake one yet because i am swamped with other projects and we still do not know what the inner cryptex and the vial and piece of paper look like.

If there is going to be an official replica, i really hope it will be an accurate high quality one. Loved the book and can't wait to see the movie.

MArc

LeMarch...

There won't be an inner cryptex...I know...dissapointing. There'll just be one. (Watch the end of the trailer...which one does Langdon throw up?) However, I completely understand. After all, the first half of the book, they're trying to crack the first cryptex...the second half, the second cryptex. Both challenges would make about four hours of a movie, so I think they're just going with one. It'll be interesting, the conversion.

I emailed the man at www.cryptex.org to see if he'd do a special edition, dedication cryptex to the movie, that type of thing. He said that copyright might be an issue, so our best bet is to have them custom run here or see if Sony will release some for the public.

--Ash

Is there a chance Master Replicas would take this up? Maybe Sharper Image or some company like it? Anyone know the update on any official replica?

--Ash

didnt 10k people win one?

its a safe bet to say itll be a movie replica anyway via noble or someone, but yea, consindering the huge amount they gave away (bitching publicity too) i dont see these going for 4 and 5 hundred bucks a piece.

you will see the occasional bid war or "moron" who has it for sale for 400 or 500 bucks thinking they have hit gold.

as much as i hated the book, i think ill grab one of these. im a big fan of da vinci.

chris

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back