Finally scored a Wested Indiana Jones Jacket!!!

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I was in the market for a new leather jacket (I lost a bit of weight over the past year and nothing seems to fit anymore), and I've always wanted a Wested. However, I was holding off on getting a raiders jacket because I want to pick up one of Todd's jackets when they become available in long sizes (I have exceptionally long monkey arms:lol). So, I was excited to see that there was a wested last crusade on e-bay in my size 42L this week. I won the auction today and now am totally psyched to get this badbody in and start having adventures all about the Rocchaccha :lol.

I've heard that the Wested Last Crusade is the most film accurate jacket that Wested produces and I am glad to have gotten one at a discount. What do you guys think? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270193445327&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:US:1123

-Best

Dan

What was your rationale for "waiting for Todd's"? You mention your monkey arms, but all Wested's come custom fit and made to order to your measurements. At least that's what mine was in 2001. For little more than a $100 more than you won on eBay you could have had a custom made Wested to your measurements.

Congrats nonetheless. I have the Last Crusade in lambskin and I love it. I'm contemplating the calfskin dark version measured to be worn over a sweater, but the weather in S. Texas is jacket weather for only 2 weeks total (not even cold weather all in one continuous shot). So still wearing shorts and tee shirts down here mid-December...

For the record, I tried on the Flight Suits version earlier this year, and it's a great jacket as well. Lots of choices.

What was your rationale for "waiting for Todd's"? You mention your monkey arms, but all Wested's come custom fit and made to order to your measurements. At least that's what mine was in 2001. For little more than a $100 more than you won on eBay you could have had a custom made Wested to your measurements.

Congrats nonetheless. I have the Last Crusade in lambskin and I love it. I'm contemplating the calfskin dark version measured to be worn over a sweater, but the weather in S. Texas is jacket weather for only 2 weeks total (not even cold weather all in one continuous shot). So still wearing shorts and tee shirts down here mid-December...

For the record, I tried on the Flight Suits version earlier this year, and it's a great jacket as well. Lots of choices.

Well the cost of the crusade jacket is about all I can spend right now, and Todd has said that he will be releasing longer jackets sometime in the spring so I'll pick up a raiders then. Also, Todd's standard jackets are about $200.00 less than a custom wested and from what I've been told quite nice.

Dan

I just order the exact same jacket from wested in cowhide 42L and after waiting a month and a half they sent it to me in lambskin. I also asked for some other alterations. I got charged for a custom jacket and got the one they had for sale on their off the rack page. They said the order was correct but send it back and we will cut you a new one, ofcourse it will take another month and a half.... Really crummy customer service in my opinion. I like the jacket, but think I will send it back.... unless you want to trade for lambskin.

I just order the exact same jacket from wested in cowhide 42L and after waiting a month and a half they sent it to me in lambskin. I also asked for some other alterations. I got charged for a custom jacket and got the one they had for sale on their off the rack page. They said the order was correct but send it back and we will cut you a new one, ofcourse it will take another month and a half.... Really crummy customer service in my opinion. I like the jacket, but think I will send it back.... unless you want to trade for lambskin.

Well I'm not interested in trading. But I am curious, how could you have gotten a 42L if it was off the rack? I thought that Wested's off the rack jackets were only available in regular sizes.

Dan

I traded for one a while back (Raiders lambskin version) and it is one of the nicest leather jackets I have owned. I think you will really like it. My wife slammed the zipper on mine in the car door though and I have to try to find someplace to get it repaired. :confused

Have had mine for welll over a decade now and it still has alot of miles. The cotton liner may need to be redone after awhile but I LOVE mine.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back