Firefly Jayne camo hoodie/jacket

Jango Wes

Sr Member
Ok, there's definately been a resurgence in all things Firefly/Serenity. I've also noticed several questions on several forums regarding Jayne's camouflage hoodie/jacket from the Firefly pilot episode "Serenity". Just for clarification, here's a pic of the item in question:

jsffccoathood2bu7.jpg

So, I decided to go straight to the source to try and get some answers. I emailed Shawna Trpcic directly to ask her about the jacket. Even though it's been a few years since the show, she knew exactly what jacket I was talking about. Here's what she had to say about it:

but I think it is the yellow one and we got that from the Fox Hill Mall - it is neoprene (wet suit material) and I got it in a hip hop store - it is from a hip hop company.

I know it's not much, but it's a start. I'm hoping someone, somewhere has some information to add. I figure if people on this board can find an interconnector from a WW2 aircraft engine that was a part on a lightsaber from 1977, a jacket from 2003 shouldn't be that big of a problem. Can we find this thing?

Wes

I've spent about quite some time trying to find this jacket. When I first started, I was searching through the urban clothing stores but none had this pattern.

Then I tried looking through surf, snowboarding, skating websites since the material looked like a wetsuit to me, but I haven't found it.

I was going through the mall that was mentioned and then narrow a list for the stores that sell urban wear and seeing what they stock. Then I will search the companies. I hope to track down this jacket as well.

Back after a second computer wipe in 2 months.
Lost more this time....

I posted on the other thread that I have also seen this exact camo pattern in blue and in pink.
Add pink "civilian" or "urban" camo to your search list.
Might lead to a maker that did or does the yellow...

One of the other posters referred to it as "Gucci-flage" but I think that is meant more as mockery than the actual maker.

Mike

Well, I have searched and Googled on every possible comination of words and phrases but I can't come up with anything.

One thing I did notice while watching the show was, on his right sleeve, there seems to be something that looks like a logo of some sort. Other than that, there are no visible brands or logos anywhere on it.

Wes

Hey Wes, been lookin' for this jacket too, but no luck yet. Tried all of the above searches, and hunting stores as well. Nada as of yet.

Hopefully this jacket will turn up soon

-Rex

I was trying to find this jacket for you, but apparently my google skills aren't strong enough these days, but I will keep my eyes open...;)

So damn close! I found this at Urbanmall.com. It's made by a company called LRG. The pattern looks close, but the colors are wrong.

x21628lcmb1.jpg

I know this is an ancient thread but I've been directed here in the hopes of finding the same info on this jacket.

Hey Wes...Hey Rex...

Any updates guys?

BOB!
Sorry bro, nothing. Believe it or not, I am STILL looking for this damn jacket. It's kinda like the Loch Ness Monster: Rumored to exist, but no actual sightings!

Wes

I've been keeping an eye out for this one for some time but also have had zero luck. I'll continue to search and post of I happen to stumble upon anything useful, too.

I'm pretty new here, but I've been searching for this jacket for quite a while as well. Nothing dead on, but a few close matches. Anybody try emailing a couple different "urban" clothing companies to see if it's their product?

-Tyler

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back