Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice-Beetlejuice!!

reevz666

I started him on Friday after I got home from work....I'm still in that early stage where I constantly tweaking things here and there, but think I have got the direction I'll be going in...the thing that I'm currently working on is the hair ( which is a character all on its own!)..it's soooo out of control in the movie that it'll be a challenge to translate that in sculpt form...also this is one of those characters where it'll really only come to life once it's painted as it's pretty much Keaton in a fright wig and false teeth, other than that the make-up sells the over all look...here's a peek so far
beet-3bw.jpg

Yeah, Bettlejuice did speak some truth: after watching it dozens of times, the Excorcist does keep getting funnier! Love the sculpt so far!

Ack those three words, but I feel like I need to scream Beetlejuice after reading that and do a little dance. This thing rocks, can't wait to see the tweaked out finished details. :thumbsup :cool

Looking really good! The likeness is almost perfect.

HOWEVER, I would lose the sculpted hair and use real hair. Much easier to mold and cast. Much easier to style real hair plus it adds to the realism.

Great job man!

thanks guys! Gald you all are diggin' the progress so far....I'm actually really happy with the results in such a short time... I'll take some more pics once I get the other side of the hair a little more roughed out
I'm really looking forward to painting this guy

Looks awesome man!! I would also recommend leaving him bald... there are enough good wigs out there for this one ;)

Keep up the great work!

H

The correct response would be, "I'm the sculptest with the mostest, babe!"

A quick question! How long does it take you to sculpt a complete bust of a character? It seems like you post one thread per week!!!!:eek

Looks awesome man!! I would also recommend leaving him bald... there are enough good wigs out there for this one ;)

Keep up the great work!

H

Thanks Howard, I really do have you to thank for this as I wouldn't know what the hell to do if it wasn't for your help:thumbsup

I was actually toying with making him bald, but I really like to scupt hair ( I'm wierd )..plus I could always just grind down the hair on a resin copy and add the hair to it that way ...I saw someone do it to a Howling werewolf bust a fe wmonths ago and it seemed to work

Capn_Jack_Savvy said:
A quick question! How long does it take you to sculpt a complete bust of a character? It seems like you post one thread per week!!!!

this actually took me about 2 days to get this far..it really does move quick when you know the character that you are doing...I'm a big fan of Michael Keaton so I have ref pics all over the place so that helped me a lot

I haven't really had the chance to work much on him in the past week...I'm finishing off my 89 Batman cowl then I'll work on him full time again...I did manage to get a somewhat decent shape going on the other side of the face...I'm still tweakin' and fixing so nothing is permanent just yet...more updates comin' up soon
beet-7bw.jpg

beet-4a-bw.jpg

Ooh... I like that. The hair just seems a little too similar on both sides... don't remember if it was like that in the movie... I just remember it as being unruly and all over the place.

But super cool so far! :thumbsup

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back