Pics of Sideshow Terminator Bust

PHArchivist

Master Member
Saw this in person at the Universal Orlando T2-3D show.

My reaction was essentialy the same as when I saw it in photos the first time- nice for a licensed item, but not mouth-wateringly great. Not as good as some of the fan-made versions some of the talented artisans around here have turned out, but still a very nice piece. Has a sort of waxy gloss look to the skin. Red eye lights up nice. Endo skull is slightly shinier/better than a really good Alclad coat, but not as shiny as true chrome or as on the PH statues (or maybe it was poor light in the store). No eye lashes!

Forgive the scary dude in the last pic...! I posted this to demonstrate the size, which is a little bit too small. My head is a 7 3/4" (biggest helmet on my old high school football team!). I have a 1st or 2nd generation cast of the Planet Hollywood statue head, and it is the same size as my own. And we all know about shrinkage - casts do not get bigger with each generaton! I shrunk down and blured the image to protect you all from my visage!

T2001_1.jpg

T2002_1.jpg

T2003.jpg

T2004_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One VERY nice element that I forgot to mention is that the human eye is a glass eye -- not painted -- which really ups the realism and quality.

My reaction was essentialy the same as when I saw it in photos the first time- nice for a licensed item, but not mouth-wateringly great. Not as good as some of the fan-made versions some of the talented artisans around here have turned out, but still a very nice piece.

That's what you get with a mass produced item, which, despite the price, this is. Sideshow will always have these issues with paint application as long as they continue to use overseas mass painters.

That's what you get with a mass produced item, which, despite the price, this is. Sideshow will always have these issues with paint application as long as they continue to use overseas mass painters.

Of it's "opportunities", actually the paint job is lower on the list, in that it is pretty good. The sculpted hair (which is a must for a mass produced item) and the overall size and shape are higher up on that list.

Overall, it is quite nice.

Last edited:
something about the sculpt seems a tad off. I think it's the eyebrows. They make him look sad or something. So unless it a bust of him in the last 2 minutes of the film when he's taking a lava bath, I would have preferred a more determined look, or at least angry.

-Fred

It's certainly worth considering if you don't fancy painting one up yourself, plus there is the Winston input too.

However, I have a problem with sculpted hair. Although I do understand why they must do it for a mass produced item.

All in all, it's Arnie - so you gotta like it!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back