firefly/Serenity space suit

I know I've seen several of the suits used by Firefly at one of the prop parties held at Global Effects in LA. They specialize in space suits, both historical and Sci-Fi versions used in From the Earth to the Moon, Apollo 13, Armageddon, The Core, etc.

Randy

The space suits that Mal and Zoe wear are originally from Soldier with Kurt Russell. You can even see where the "Amercian Forces / Fuerzas Americana" patches were previously mounted and then removed for Firefly / Serenity.

Todd

I know I've seen several of the suits used by Firefly at one of the prop parties held at Global Effects in LA. They specialize in space suits, both historical and Sci-Fi versions used in From the Earth to the Moon, Apollo 13, Armageddon, The Core, etc.

You um.. took lots of pictures, right? :D

edit -- whoa, shiny --- they got a picture on their website -

http://www.globaleffects.com/C_pages/Renta...oldiersuith.JPG

yank off the missles and change out the emblems, and there ya go. :)

The original helmet from Soldier is actually the helmet that Jayne wears with his yellow space suit. Mal and Zoe have differently fitting helmets, which make the original helmets seals look like some sort of collar.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back