Dinosaur Fans! Check THIS Out!

SgtFang

Sr Member
Gone but not forgotten.
pTRU1-3870456_alternate1_reg.jpg

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2791163

I just stumbled across these tonight. When assembled, it's a whopping 36" long! It's not quite as detailed as the 300.00 ones out there, but for 39.00, how wrong can you go? (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

I think I'm going to snag one for my fireplace mantle! :)

-Sarge

Man, these must be really new or something. I've been looking for more pics, but so far there isn't much at all, and everthing leads back to TRU.

Yeah, it would definately benefit from a new paintjob. They had a built one in a case at the store, and it looked like it had just been quickly sponge painted with a thick brown wash, over the plain ivory colered plastic.

Also, I think the base, with a good faux stone finish, and maybe some shredded foam "moss" for model train layouts around the edges would look really sharp too!

-Sarge

Last edited:
Just bought and built one of these today. A great model and looks super impressive up in the library.

I will be doing a new paint job at some point but it passes the five foot rule just wonderfully for now.

A nice wooden base would do wonders for it too.

I'll see if I can get some pics up at some point soon.

Nick

Dang.... The Field Museum in Chicago has the skeleton, "Sue". While there last year (or so) I bought a toy that looks identical to this...but at $80. It is kinda cumbersome to assemble and now that it has been standing for a years time, it is really starting to lean due to weak legs and overall weight distribution.
Still, at $30, a cool thing to mod for display.

Just got back from Universal in Orlando (slands of Adventure) and they were selling this (or something REAL similar) for over a hundred...

Ok, I just got back awhile ago from picking mine up, and I've already told the boy "This is NOT a toy, This is FURNITURE! DON'T tear it up!" (I think I'm also going to delay renting "Night at the Museum" for awhile too!) :lol

It's amazingly well balanced and seems to stand just fine on it's base w/o any locator pins but I'll probably put some screws up through his feet at some point just to be sure. Also, it seems to be a pretty strong, flexible plastic too so the cats won't be able to take it out! :D

Guys, if anyone's on the fence about grabbing one of these, GO FOR IT! This thing can build up into a real showpiece! :):thumbsup

-Sarge

Nice! I gotta get one...

It will look great next to some JP props.

Yield for shameless plug: Like the raptor claws I have in the junkyard :angel

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back