S.P.E.C.T.R.E. Lighter

GBOOTHROYD

Here is a nifty little item I had a talented individual create for me some months back. It's a lighter with the SPECTRE logo on it. It's sort of a simulated mother of pearl resin with the octopus set in. The logo has depth to it and is not just painted on.

This was created as part of the "expanded world" of James Bond. My view is that the SPECTRE ring is a sign of very high rank within the organization and only belonged to members of Blofeld's inner circle. But I thought that other stratas of the organization would also have rank signifiers as well. The lighter would belong to members who had not yet attained the high status of ring ownership, but who were still highly valued members.

The backround story on this particular lighter was that it was recovered by MI6 from the charred remains of SPECTRE Agent Count Lippe after he was assasinated for bungling in the Thunderball affair. It subsequently was held over for examination by MI6 and photographs of it were kept in a general file on the criminal terrorist organization known as SPECTRE.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee124/DonaldGrantPhotos/SPECTRELIGHTER.jpg

GB

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me say that I, along with some members of the Ian Fleming foundation were lucky enough to have seen this in person at the recent Bond Symposium. This photo doesn't even come close to doing the actual item justice!!! The workmanship is excellent and truly deserving of being included in the Bond prop world.
Ed
TheSpyBoys.com

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back