Shepperton Designs 2008 Catalogue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuhn Global

Sr Member
I have been meaning to post this for some time, but never got around to it until now. :$ This may already be 'old news' to you guys here since it has been out for a while. lolololol Plus, I don't usually venture into the costume and prop areas since I well know there is SO MUCH to see and invest in that I am almost affraid to view it! LOLOLOLOL You are a brave bunch indeed! :D

Never the less... ;)

Here is the Shepperton Design Studio Catalogue for it's 2008 offerings.

The REAL stuff made by the originals! :D

View the catalogue here...
http://resinilluminati.com/showthread.php?p=7663#post7663

Prepare for the 24 page flamefest....just like the good old days!

However, I'm surprised that he's actually publishing a catalogue after all that's happened with LFL thus far...

I doubt it will be a flamefest.......nobody cares anymore. This is old news. There is nothing new here.

Peace,

Dave :)

Well.. it looks as if I may have struck a bad note in the community... my apologies if it offended. :) I didn't know there was anamosity toward it.

While I knew that LFL had shut them down before, I found it interesting that they were up and running again. Their website advertising Oct 2007 openings and even more product than they had before ready for 2008.

I really am not looking for any flame wars, just truth and knowledge please? :)

I also very much suspected that it may be old news to you guys, but this is (as stated previously) an area that I don't much (if anything at all) about. So I need to pick the knowledge of those who really know... and that would be you guys here... the PROS! :D

That said, and I am in need of the factual knowledge please to take appropriate action...

Did Shepperton screw some folks over? If so, then I will retract what I have posted. I will NEVER back those who take advantage of consumers by not delivering anything except top notch merchandise in a timely manner.

Thank you in advance for assisting me in the knowledge of truth in this matter. :)

Kuhn Global he was never shut down. The simplistic version is that LFL won a California/USA lawsuit against Shepperton saying that their copyright was infringed upon. The case now passed into the England courts. But Shepperton claimed that LFL stole their original idea and has countersued in the English courts against LFL. At no time did they stop making their stuff, but I did notice on their site they now have that they cannot ship to the USA until April of 2008 (last time I looked).

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care which side of the "from original molds" aisle you're on you have to admit this guy has brass balls the size of a mouse droid.

So any word on the lawsuit against him and the countersuit against LFL?

Last edited:
Darn! I missed another set of open days!

No matter what has happened since 1976, I'd like to go and see them one day.

I certainly would have gone if I had the chance.;) :D

I am now beginning to understand that the unrest is due to Lucasfilm and Shepperton coming to blows in lawsuits toward each other. I don't believe this means anything toward the comsumer. We will see as info continues to present itself.
icon_smile.gif

On the other hand... I will say now, that being these items are offerred, I will be placing an order soon!
icon_smile.gif
Unless, of course, Lucasfilm offeres a better deal.
icon_wink.gif

I find it sad in today's world that greed and licensing often results in items not being created. Not to mention that the quality (non-toy-like-items) being suppressed for those who's target audience the original STAR WARS was. We are mostly 40 now, and technology is now available to mass produce these items we have dreamed of for those last 30 years. LFL would do well to realize that licensing should be investigated for quality, andt then once that is established, sell the licenses for more reasonable costs. That would enable MUCH more in revenue for Lucasfilm in the end and make Lucas's original target audience happy as well.
icon_wink.gif

I love the Star Wars films. They changed me from the moment that Star Destroyer crept over my head in 1977. Lucas's vision was great! We have supprted Lucas. It is time to see that in return with his making things more available to the public after 30 years. The things his vision caused us to dream about!
icon_wink.gif

Regardless what the real story is and from who's point of view it is told. I found that history story at the end very entertaining.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't care which side of the "from original molds" aisle you're on you have to admit this guy has brass balls the size of a mouse droid.

Silly guy, you didn't read the copy! According to the new catalog he DOESN'T have the molds, they were tossed out!(funny, didn't people here repeatedly say that?):lol
He used the .....sorry, I'm laughing too hard to type....just a minute.....

He used the "Protective mouldings" to make new molds. Section 9-History. They just happened to be ROTJ parts for the armor. Oops!:)
According to the last inquiry made about the helmets, apparently they were all ABS as well. From the horse's mouth, no less. These are your facts, Kuhn.

Brass balls. And a loooooooooooooooooong nose.
Pinnochio.gif

Uh Jax, you're laughing a bit hard for having read it wrong. He said (as he always has) that the molds for the HELMETS are the original. That hasn't changed at all. But he says that for the ARMOR he used the skins. I don't remember anyone (even me) defending that the armor was completely original. Here's the original part:

5. What actual moulds were leftover from Star Wars ?
While at Shepperton Studios I meticulously kept all moulds on racks in an
organised manner and all with protective skins moulded and left on them
until further use. We used to sell the same props, or derivatives of, several
times over, as new production companies came and went. This was standard
practice at all studios and in fact the `prop stores` are without a doubt the
most fascinating insight into movie history. The word `prop` means property.
The items we retained from film productions were our property and it was
our business to reinvent them or sell them again for the production of lesser
movies or maybe ads. I remember one quite splendid helmet that I created for
`Outland`, it not only appeared in another four movies but ended up as the
main feature in a British Airways advert.
After finishing with the film business and requiring valuable space, I decided
one day in the early eighties to have a clear out. Out went the Stormtrooper
armour moulds, but I kept the protective skins for reference, and I also kept the
moulds for the helmets, as they were better made , in pretty good condition
and possibly one day may have a use.

6. Are the helmets from the original moulds?
Yes they certainly are...except for the Stormtrooper Battle Spec, which is CNC
machined and a very good reproduction. Even I have capitulated and have
started to use computers.

Last edited:
:lol

No no Gary! I'm not arguing whether he has them or not or what the history is (now it's really up to the courts) but just about what he said about the molds.

I'm sure we're all exactly where we were before in our belief or disbelief and it would be stupid to get into it AGAIN! GAH!

Which hasn't changed, that he uses the original molds or saying he has them?:lol
Oh I love that "My brain is a computer" comment. He doesn't know what the originals were made of and doesn't remember not having designed a thing. The guy isn't balsy, he's a fraud. I'm never letting people hear this guy's praises without airing the dirty laundry. Recaster, liar, and the greediest not to mention most foolish dealer in the business. He double-dared LFL to sue him, and they're going to win. Pretty simple case when you get to it:

"Mr. Ainsworth, do you have a single scrap of paper or proof in the realm of proprietary law that supports your claim?"
"I have a website...............it says I have the right."

No offense, Kuhn, but greed is the fuel for every thing this guy has done. There is nothing brave about copying someone else's work, claiming it as your own, and GOUGING customers left and right with a false story about your involvement and importance. AA was a FLUNKY, with as much contributed to the production of Star Wars as a production worker for Master Replicas.

"We don't make replicas, we make the real thing."
Wow. Continuing threads that de-pants shepperton isn't stupid, THAT was.
JJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back