Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

The patches by "The Thinking Cap Co." have been mentioned here before by RPF member ??? who had some original patches, and compared them side by side. The one that Karl posted is original, with the repro's having the lines all too thickly sewn.

Don't recall member's name or his eBay handle;
perhaps he'll post here.

Thanks!

Here's another revelation for ya... I've been staring at this shot for what, nearly 30 years now, and only just figured out what's going on.... :lol

You only get ONE frame, VERY dark, of Brett's cap before the Alien tongue punches through it... and the patch there looks really glossy. Never could figure that out.

It's a photograph! They used a photo on glossy paper, so the Alien's tongue could punch though it! The patch wouldn't have torn. :lol

aliencappatchzapiv4.jpg

That patch appears to have the round-circle outline and curved bottom, like the gray patch I posted earlier. And as noted, in every shot up to this one, Brett's cap has the gray patch, not the dark one.

My favorite tho is Parker's skull in a similar shot... he's represented by some sort of melon. :rolleyes

- k

Last edited:
The image on the cigaette packet looks so familiar, it's driving me nuts :unsure

I did some research on woodcuts a while ago, and I'm sure I saw something very similar then.

If the cigarette image isn't out of a copyright-free clip art book from the 70s I'd be very surprised.

alienbalajicigarettesdegw6.jpg

- k

Last edited:
"Pump" is basically the font that the 70s were built out of. :lol

The "Nostromo" patch itself is like some kind of hippie dream patch... what exactly does this Corporation manufacture again? :lol

Forgot I had these... :lol

Brett's actual jacket was on display at the infamous 2006 Worldcon... so look at these pics quick before I get a mysterious email from somebody... :rolleyes

wc06_kt_brettjacket01.jpg

wc06_kt_brettjacket02.jpg

wc06_kt_brettjacket03.jpg

wc06_kt_brettjacket04.jpg

wc06_kt_brettjacket07.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Mike!

Hm... I can only find the leather jacket that Parker wears, in the film... is this a prototype? Fanmade? Unused? I'm blind and don't see it? :lol

Looks cool in any case.

- k

Only these... the top is available light, the bottom is flash.

The colors in the flash pic get contaminated towards the bottom I think. Use judgement in interpreting the colors.

So for instance I think the knitted stuff at the wrists and waist is probably green, not brown.

ktwcdsc05457ir0.jpg

ktwcdsc05460jd0.jpg

This jacket, or another like it, is on display at the Seattle Science Fiction Experience Museum.

- k

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back