Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Was looking through this thread getting some info and just had to bump it, it's sooo goooooood!

In other news, the smokes pictured in post 47 and earlier, does the package say "Balaji"? If so, could they have taken the first name of the actor who played the Alien and used that for the brand?

Somehow, I missed this thread until right now.

But I'm OK with that, because I got to look through so much cool stuff all at once!!

I had seen the blasters before, but low and behold, they are pictured here on a table in some kind of holster.

AWESOME.

:)

ripleynarc08lo5.jpg

ripleyjumpsuitbackjy1.jpg

Hmmm, I had almost forgotten what a nice body she had back then... :cool

(And I sure feel stupid to make such a comment on a prop-board, but it just had to be said)

I don't know if this has been posted yet but the jackt used is a RAF MKIII flight jacket. They added pressure suit bits to dress it up. Dallas had the pockets coved as were Kanes does not. I don't have a picture here right now to post but I'm sure someone can.
Thanks
Steve

Last edited:
I don't know if this has been posted yet but the jackt used is a RAF MKII flight jacket. They added pressure suit bits to dress it up. Dallas had the pockets coved as were Kanes does not. I don't have a picture here right now to post but I'm sure someone can.

Wouldn't mind seeing a pic of something to look for. I've got some good web fu, but I couldn't turn anything up.

I couldn't any pictures of Mk2 jackets. Some of the Mk3 ones look close, though I didn't study them closeley. There are a bunch of those on Ebay UK

I don't know if this has been posted yet but the jackt used is a RAF MKIII flight jacket. They added pressure suit bits to dress it up. Dallas had the pockets coved as were Kanes does not. I don't have a picture here right now to post but I'm sure someone can.
Thanks
Steve

Steve, I was wondering when you were going to spill the beans. :lol

Um, I'm sure it must be super hard to find 'em, but anyone know where to look for one of those RAF MKIII flight jackets?

Hi - I'm new to the forum. It was this topic that brought me here in fact, hence the bump. Maybe this thread should be moved to Costuming?

Um, I'm sure it must be super hard to find 'em, but anyone know where to look for one of those RAF MKIII flight jackets?

There seem to be plenty on eBay (in the UK) although they all seem to be varying shades of green. I suppose they must have dyed them.

I can reveal that the pressure suits used are US Air Force G-4B combined flying and anti-g suits. Here's a post I had on the flyingclothing Yahoo group:

"It looks as if the two panels on the front of Dallas' (Tom Skerritt) jacket were taken from old US Air Force G-4B combined flying and anti-g suits. They come from the small of the back and you would need two to make up a jacket like Dallas'. The lacings on his arms could be taken from a VVK-6 suit

Ripley (Sigourney Weaver) is wearing a G-4B slightly too large for her, tightened in the waist area so that the top is hanging loosely around her ... (oops, almost got carried away in adjectives here) ...body.

The G-4B is a very rare suit and it is priced accordingly. The last one on eBay sold for $410 (see the link below). That is the normal price level for a good quality suit so it would take $1200+ to replicate Dallas' jacket and Ripley's suit.

Lambert's vest appears to be made from the upper part of a G-4B as well, so there's another $400 gone unless it could be made from the leftovers of one of the two suits that sacrificed its back lacings for Dallas' jacket.

Brett's jacket could be made from a VVK-6 suit but I am less sure about this ID.

Here are two links for the G-4B auction on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150252537364
and for a VVK-6 page on the Red pilot website.
http://www.redpilot.com/museum/suits/vkk/vkk-6m.html

Cheers,
Bluelight"

He mistypes VKK as VVK, but otherwise seems accurate. It's a shame these suits are so rare. If anyone has any of these suits or their back panels, I'd be interested. I've discovered that the same suit seems to have been made for the European market as an EFA-10 or EFA Type 10 (http://cgi.ebay.fr/Combinaison-ANTI-G-EFA-type-10-pour-pilote-G-suit_W0QQitemZ220228182101QQcmdZViewItem)

These are probably no less rare. Ah well - VKKs are easy enough to get at least.

Just bumping this (because I was so pleased to have finally identified the g-suit) and repeating my request to have it moved to costuming.

Having now purchased a G-4B, I can confirm that the sleeve lacing on Kane and Dallas's jackets are from the inside of the leg of the G-4B and not from any Russian suit (I can't imagine Russian military clothing was particularly easy to get in the U.K. at that time!).

All I need now is another G-4B/EFA-10 suit and I can make the replica (I have the Mark 3 jacket).

I wonder if anyone can confirm the type of shoes they wore. Someone mention Keds High Tops but if I'm not mistaken those have flat soles - in the photos their boots have a slight heel.

Thanks!

Here's another revelation for ya... I've been staring at this shot for what, nearly 30 years now, and only just figured out what's going on.... :lol

You only get ONE frame, VERY dark, of Brett's cap before the Alien tongue punches through it... and the patch there looks really glossy. Never could figure that out.

It's a photograph! They used a photo on glossy paper, so the Alien's tongue could punch though it! The patch wouldn't have torn. :lol

aliencappatchzapiv4.jpg

That patch appears to have the round-circle outline and curved bottom, like the gray patch I posted earlier. And as noted, in every shot up to this one, Brett's cap has the gray patch, not the dark one.

My favorite tho is Parker's skull in a similar shot... he's represented by some sort of melon. :rolleyes

- k

don't want to sound skeptical but my impression of that shot was always that what is on parkers hat is Alien Drool. not a photo etc. it may be a photo rather than a stitched patch but it ain't glossy. that's alien drool for sure.

you see it uneven on the surface of the 'patch'

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back