Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Hi Fred (Gaff87 here from Propsummit) :)

Great jacket you made!!! I really like it. Send it to me for close inspection though, just to be sure :D :thumbsup

I have 3 pressure suits, one a Russian and 2 Chinese, They are awesome in the material and potential, I am just kinda watching this thread so I can see exactly how I can convert or integrate them into a nylon nostromo jacket. Wow Skin Job, that jacket is really great

Thanks a bunch for this fantastic post starting with so many backstage pics! :p

Lovely review indeed! I just hope to get a full Nostromo suit anytime in a near future :p

I have 3 pressure suits, one a Russian and 2 Chinese, They are awesome in the material and potential, I am just kinda watching this thread so I can see exactly how I can convert or integrate them into a nylon nostromo jacket. Wow Skin Job, that jacket is really great

You know what ? I was very sad to scavange the 2 VKK suits I had bought for my Nostromo jacket project... The details and craftmanship of those was phenomenal !!!

You could avoid doing the same mistake by ordering a set of sleeve lacings and screen-accurate Nostromo patches to SG-RB, you can see his lacings on page 13 of this thread... Very cool IMHO !

Fred

Last edited:
I can't find a jacket in size fat.

:lol Jet, you may be SOL depending on your waist size.
You can get them larger but it's mostly for height, not really designed for girth. Example, if you're 5, 11', 180 lbs, 34 inch waist, and wear about a size 40 in a suit mens jacket, you would need a size 5 or 6. That should at least give you something to scale by.

You know what ? I was very sad to scavange the 2 VKK suits I had bought for my Nostromo jacket project... The details and craftmanship of those was phenomenal !!!

You could avoid doing the same mistake by ordering a set of sleeve lacings and screen-accurate Nostromo patches to SG-RB, you can see his lacings on page 13 of this thread... Very cool IMHO !

Fred

yeah the suits are really cool. nice quality. I will need to check out the lacings you are talking about. I love your custom Nostromo jacket by the way...that is beautiful!

Okay, Ineed some advice. My jacket was of course one of the green ones, so I attempted to dye it navy blue. Twice. It didn't turn out bad, but the green is still coming through giving it this odd-blue-green look. Should I just leave it the way it is and call it done and start putting on the lacing, piping, patches, etc. or should I try to dye it once again? Or is there something else I should do to get it closer to the navy blue color? :confused

The original color still is visible on mine too... (I've dyed it brown, BTW)
Since I was looking for a weathered look I thought it was a neat, unexpected last minute touch on mine...

If you plan to have a pristine, uniform color on yours I think you're going to turn waco because if you dye it once or twice more I truly think the original color will never totaly disappear in the end...

Hope it'll help !

:angel

Fred

The more i hear about and see these great jackets, the more i really want to get one.
Might have to be my next prop i think.
If i do, i'll be coming to you for advise Fred :thumbsup lol

Okay, Ineed some advice. My jacket was of course one of the green ones, so I attempted to dye it navy blue. Twice. It didn't turn out bad, but the green is still coming through giving it this odd-blue-green look. Should I just leave it the way it is and call it done and start putting on the lacing, piping, patches, etc. or should I try to dye it once again? Or is there something else I should do to get it closer to the navy blue color? :confused

I had one green one and one grey one, put both in the wash with colour stripper. The green one didn't change, the grey one went to beige. The I dyed both blue. The grey one obviously went blue the green one went blue green.

Not much help, sorry! You might try a strong mix of the colour stripper, but the green seems really ingrained!

You might try a box (or even just half a box) of a dark maroon/reddish brown--might tone down the green some, or at least grey it up a little.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back