Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Jacket's coming around...

test_fit.JPG

Test fitting the lacings - they're not positioned correctly, just wanted to see what they looked like pinned... will give the jacket another dose of dye before attaching them. Huge kudos to SG-RB for all your help!

Hello from Dublin,

You might be interested to know that at some stage these RAFMK3 jackets were made that Wine/ Charcoal colour they do exist. I have one and its exactly the same as Dallas', the key was the velcro on the sleeves its identical, Green and a wider band unlike recent versions. I think they are from the 1960's though . I'm doing this jacket aswell but i'm taking my time.
I can send anyone photos of the jacket,

Best Wishes,
J

Last edited:
Does anyone know what jacket Lambert wears?

To me, it looks similar to a Soviet WWII jacket.
Any ideas?

Don't know if it's soviet or not (haven't identified it despite heavy research) but I've made my version of the Nostromo jacket with a soviet look in mind... ("All the Nostormo uniforms are different, so why not start a version of my own design", that's what I told myself a few months ago)

I've used genuine soviet VKK flying suit lacing and a modern Alpha Industries MK3 jacket (the front buttons are different on those). My goal was to make a jacket I could wear on a daily basis, not a 100% screen accurate one...

Fred

attachment.php

Fred, your jacket looks great! Did you use pink piping around the collar like the crew shirts? Nice touch!

Thanks for the nice comment, Spike !

Yes Eric, I've asked the dressmaker who's worked on it to add pink pipping on the collar... She was quite surprised by my request... that was just before I showed her good ref pics of the screen used jackets !
:lol

I've asked for a used look, it's not that obvious on my photos but the jacket and patches were dyed to make it look already worn... Pretty cool, IMHO ! (I'll try to post more pics)

The Nostromo tag on the back was made using a very resistant vinyl transfert. It should last forever if I wash my jacket at low temperature (not more than 30°C)... but I don't have ANY plans to wash it in order to give it a "real" Nostromo crew look (and smell, alright !)

Talking about smell, the VERY COOL thing is that the VKK suit lacings still smell kerozen... It brings back memories of my uncle who was an helicopter mechanic and it adds a lot to the realistic aspect of the jacket !
:)

Fred

Last edited:
Very cool jackets you have... !! Very original and detailed!

My wife and I have one, made them out of leather ALPHA bomber jackets and copied Parkers. I used PUMP DEMI-BOLD stenciled letters, 3 layers of white and 3 layers of yellow paint, it soaked into the leather permanently. The patches are just typical Nostromo patch with the newer style "Weyland-Yutani patch on the right for added effect..

It's fun to get peoples reaction who connect the name to the movie, and especially 80 year-old Navy veterans who claim they know every ship in W.W. II and Korea, but cant remember the "NOSTROMO"

Last edited:
A question: what color was Kanes wings on his jacket? I thought only Dallas has the "gold" captains wings but it looks to me that Kane has gold wings on his jacket as well?

A question: what color was Kanes wings on his jacket? I thought only Dallas has the "gold" captains wings but it looks to me that Kane has gold wings on his jacket as well?

ya know, thats interesting, Its possible. I remember Ripley saying "when Dallas and Kane are off the ship, Im the one who's in charge" to Ash....
I need to go over my DVD to be sure...

My jacket should be finished in about two weeks (or less). I gotta tell you, if you're thinking of making your own, it's a pain in the ass! Plus, it won't be cheap. I WAS going for Dallas' jacket, but I don't dig the lacing set-up in front of the forward pockets. It makes the only carrying pockets impracticle and it's just...butt ugly! Kane's is almost identical (without the lacing crap in front of the pockets) leaving the pockets fully funtional. That's the version I'm doing.

As far as I know, Kane's wings are silver or grey. There's not any really clear photo's detailing Kane's wings like Dallas.

Here's a link to a retailer that sells the various color wings.
http://www.patchesnpins.com/aliens page.htm
They also have the enameled pins a s well.
http://www.patchesnpins.com/
ALIEN_007_054_055.jpg

I haven't purchased any from this dealer so I cannot vouch for the quality.

Randy in San Diego

As far as I know, Kane's wings are silver or grey. There's not any really clear photo's detailing Kane's wings like Dallas.

I agree.
It makes sense, since Dalllas & Kane are the captain and his second they deserve distinctive wings.
Here is a photo of Kane, I think his wings are rather silver than grey... What do you think ?

attachment.php

I've bought those wings from Starbase Atlanta and all I can say is they're fine, not different in quality from the ones offered a long time ago with the A L I E N portfolio... Here are mine :

attachment.php

IMPORTANT : If you plan to complete a Dallas or Kane screen-accurate full uniform, those will be OK on the jacket but NOT on the shirt ! Their shirt wings are of a different design (and have a pin on the center, at least on Dallas'). The rest of the crew have the regular blue wings on their shirts...

Fred

Last edited:
Would you have any pictures of the patches with the pin in the middle?

Not that I doubt you, I've not seen this but would like too!:)

Has anyone been able to figure out there footwear? I always thought they were Converse but the soles look way too chunky.

Would you have any pictures of the patches with the pin in the middle?

Not that I doubt you, I've not seen this but would like too!:)

Sorry, I don't have time to do a screen-cap but you'll be able to see Dallas' wings + pin on the scene where he examines the dead facehugger with Ash & Ripley...

... but at least I had Kane's in my digital archives, so here it is :

attachment.jpg

attachment.php

Attachments

• KANE'S WINGS.jpg
    KANE'S WINGS.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 7,597
Last edited:
Regarding their shoes, I think this has been previously discussed in that thread, no ???

Late 70's KEEN, IIRC...
:)

Fred

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back