Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

1 image.jpg
Original version

2 image.jpg
Second version

Shoe progress! I still need to add another coat of white paint to the rivet heads, but it's nearly done. I'm seriously considering adding the third grommet on the side just for the hell of it...

A bit of trivia: I work for L.L. Bean and the white leather I used on this was scrap from the boots we made for the U.S. Winter Olympic team.

Quick question for the hive mind: are there any tricks for removing unwanted iron-on/fabric glue residue? I got a few spots of each on my USCM Service-C shirt while attaching patches (serves me right for rushing) and I'd hate to think the costume was ruined because of it.

Omortson, these were just saved images from my files, you would need to contact Montana/Merliner to see if he still had these available to sell?
I sent you a pm with further info!
Kane2122

Hi guys, does anyone know of a modern replica of Dallas's belt? What are people using? I know from the threads that people reckoned it to be a regimental stable belt but i am unable to find anything that looks the same. Maybe someone has a really good picture of the belt/buckle? Cheers!

Ok, just got a hold of Milner silver wings / Nostromo shoulder patches (had an extra set from before, also Milner made), MK3 Jacket (size 7), Randy (SG-RB) Compression Lacing and the NOSTROMO stencil (proper) from Jeff (Interceptor6). I am building a light weight Kane jacket to go with my completed Dallas (heavy weight) jacket. In my opinion, these guys are the only way to go if you require help with making a close to screen accurate jacket! Thanks again guys! I will post pictures of both jackets side by side when the Kane jacket is done.

Draco, This is correct, Dallas wears a British regimental stable belt, with either a black or dark green belt and the clasp appears silver and closely resembles the same style worn by the parachute regiment, although under close examination the surface looks smooth, although this could be down to the lighting and the angle. The Green Howard's, the Rifles, and the Light infantry all use green regimental belts, although the buckle could have easily been removed from it's original belt?
I've included a picture of Dallas below, and a picture of a Parachute regimental stable belt a REME belt and a Dragoon guards belt. I just put "
regimental stable belt", "army belt" or "stable belt" Into ebay and found over 80 stable belts with prices as low as 99p.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ok, so my jacket arrived today from the UK. Guys it's absolutely amazing how fast Royal Mail comes when you do TRACKING & SIGNATURE on your shipments! My Dallas jacket took 2 months without it (no B.S.).

I paid a lot less for this jacket, however some repair work is needed. My seamstress can handle these minor repairs. Thank god she does cosplay sewing & she has experience with stage play and movie production garment pieces!!!)

However, (SG-RB) Randy's compression laces surpass her quality materials and sewing! and Milner's stuff is embroidery, not sewing.

Here's some shots of the RAF MK3 Size 7 jacket base. I will be lightening it up by removing the interior liner (I live in Florida). The jacket will be a kick around, light weight, windbreaker style while remaining as authentic in look as possible. The jackets natural wear and tear is actually welcomed.

uRD0qkh.jpg32rhfF5.jpg

The picture below is a sleeve repair. It will be harder to see once the laces are attached.

mP4E9ND.jpg

Looking closely at the buckle photos......is it not possible that the front was ground smooth? You really can't see any trace of any design.

EDIT: look at these pictures of a similar buckle from different angles and lights.......you can always still make out the design. I think i will try to remove the design of mine to just leave a shiny disc.
$_57 (11).JPG$_57 (12).JPG$_57 (13).JPG$_57 (14).JPG

Check this out for point of interest. This is Kanes burial shroud but i take it, looking at the pictures, that the Tri-UK patch is meant to be worn inverted (unlike Bretts American Tri patch which is point upon his jacket) has anyone else ever noticed this?
Kane burial shroud 2.jpgKane burial shroud.jpg

Draco the UK7 patch is positioned correctly with the point down, the US tricentennial patch worn by Brett should also have the point facing down according to Cobb's portfolio designs, but the patch probably worked better when attached to the jacket with the wider base sitting above Bretts Gold wings.......... It could just be Bretts own personal taste to wear his designated patch the wrong way, against company wishes?
image.jpg
This rather creepy image of Kane's burial shroud features the recently deceased Kane inside, would have been interesting to see the crew load Kane into the airlock prior to his burial.
image.jpg

Kane2122

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back