Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Still working on my jacket but found a little time to drag my construction work 'Bump Cap' into the Alien universe!........can't decide if it needs the scrambled eggs (i have nice gold ones) or not....what do you reckon?
Excellent Nostromo badge by Merliner.
SDC14079.JPGSDC14078.JPGSDC14077.JPGSDC14076.JPG

Right, seems like scrambled eggs it is then! I will need to get them onto black cloth, so it look's like Brett's scrambled eggs, and then onto the cap. Now to familiarise myself with the iron.......:p

Is that the final version or some tweaks are still expected? What's the level of screen accuracy? And how much do they cost?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi Jonesythecat (that's a nice hardcore name).

Full screen accuracy needs back sewn pink cording (available somewhere?). I've back sewn pink piping. Some people sandwich pink piping - which is incorrect.
It also needs dimpled buttons if you want to get technical (thanks to division6 for that).
Most other details have been solved.
I'm personally happy at version 6.0.
Put it this way when wearing the shirt I definitely look out for dripping corrosive acid.
: )
If you already own a ginger tabby domestic short hair you'll be wanting to add the shirt badges (I don't have them) - somebody else on here sells them.

Last edited:
Thanks, I went to have a look in the junkyard and found the ad but I think you must have made a mistake when positioning the decimals ;-))

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Ok,here is the finished 'Bump Cap'. I think it came out well and i love wearing it at work.

I first stuck the scrambled eggs onto black t-shirt material (old work rag) and then cut around them roughly.
SDC14094.JPG

I then stuck them to the cap but left the glue away from the edges slightly to give the scrambled eggs a slightly weathered and ragged look (i hope!!)
SDC14097.JPGSDC14104.JPG

Right, seems like scrambled eggs it is then! I will need to get them onto black cloth, so it look's like Brett's scrambled eggs, and then onto the cap. Now to familiarise myself with the iron.......:p

Draco that is fantastic I would be very happy with that I've done my jacket it's not screen accurate but I'm happy with it.
I'm really happy with the NOSTROMO lettering on the back I have my friend to thank for the vinyl stencil he made me
Which made the job painless. I'm still looking for a better cord for the arms. But it will do for the moment I also
Have a size 6 jacket I've got to make up I think I might stick that on eBay when it's done. Pictures to follow shortly

Draco that is fantastic I would be very happy with that I've done my jacket it's not screen accurate but I'm happy with it.
I'm really happy with the NOSTROMO lettering on the back I have my friend to thank for the vinyl stencil he made me
Which made the job painless. I'm still looking for a better cord for the arms. But it will do for the moment I also
Have a size 6 jacket I've got to make up I think I might stick that on eBay when it's done. Pictures to follow shortly

Good job with your jacket!

I stumbled upon a black baseball cap with the correct "retro" plastic snaps in the back at my local Salvation Army, so now I'm torn between making an Apone/Hudson style USCM cap or a Brett cap. Does anyone know where I could get a really accurate Nostromo patch? I guess that would be the deciding factor for me. I saw a thread on here comparing the various commercially available ones, but then folks also talk of a limited run done a few years back by Merliner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: And of course Brett's cap isn't black it's navy blue. I guess I'm making an Apone cap after all!

Last edited:
I stumbled upon a black baseball cap with the correct "retro" plastic snaps in the back at my local Salvation Army, so now I'm torn between making an Apone/Hudson style USCM cap or a Brett cap. Does anyone know where I could get a really accurate Nostromo patch? I guess that would be the deciding factor for me. I saw a thread on here comparing the various commercially available ones, but then folks also talk of a limited run done a few years back by Merliner. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: And of course Brett's cap isn't black it's navy blue. I guess I'm making an Apone cap after all!

Merliner still has the best Nostromo patches. I got mine from him not that long ago and they look brilliant. The limited run was, i think, about gold wire 'Dallas' Command Wings.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back