Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Love the look of that leather jacket (piping is special allright) btw, that Broussard's shirt is dirty enough, but I'm sure that on camera it'll look right on,
Btw, are you shooting on video and do you have additional lighting units?

Ok, so I was checking the lower decks today after a small malfunction. What do you know, I can't get parts from Weylan Co. for 3 weeks!
Gonna need a dry dock.
a1.jpg

Alien-(1979)-Jacket.jpg

More Details soon...

Attachments

• a1_small.jpg
    a1_small.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Alien-(1979)-Jacket-Small.jpg
    Alien-(1979)-Jacket-Small.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 235
Well, now that I have a stencil on the way, I am now facing another dilemma for my Parker jacket. I have merliner's excellent NOSTROMO arm patches and sunwings but not in the colors needed for Parker (dark blue and "crew blue" respectively). I think I might just save the high-quality merliner patches for a deeper project and just forge ahead using the pretty good patches from intergalactic though I'm open to suggestions.

The washed shirt looks fantastic! Excellent work!
What do you think of my shirt?. What can I improve?
This is my 3rd one - I got it made for a friend who helped with the first 2.
I want to make the next one better.

2 photos - before and after washing.
Any feedback appreciated!

View attachment 283314View attachment 283313

I'd say the only thing to consider for your next shirt would be solid snap buttons. Otherwise, fab.
Reminds me I must finish my Nostromo gear too...

Was there ever any definitive info on the belt?

Last edited:
The washed shirt looks fantastic! Excellent work!

I'd say the only thing to consider for your next shirt would be solid snap buttons. Otherwise, fab.
Reminds me I must finish my Nostromo gear too...

Was there ever any definitive info on the belt?

Thanks Gatekeeper I need feedback like this.

Yes you're right - I need closed snaps for the buttons.

There is a kane photo where the epaulette snaps appear open in contrast to the closed snaps for buttons.
Anyone spot that?

is.jpg

It's solid.
You are seeing the light reflecting off the surface.
There is another photo in that set that is straight on and you can see the curved shape.

You will also find that the lighting wash's out images making the snaps look silver where if you look at most of the screen caps they are clearly brass.
That wash out also removes the texture on the snaps.

Cool, thanks for the pic! Best bet to find these would be British WWII webbing equipment, pouches, respirator bags etc. Or better still, finding some NOS fasteners from the original supplier - difficult, but not unlikely when looking for British stuff. I've initiated enquiries...

Thanks divison6!

Isn't that dimpled snap a one off?

I did see pics where I though there should be more shine from a snap but my overall impression
was smooth.

How about this pic? It looks sort of smooth?

Screenshot-Alien Director's Cut 1979.720p.BrRip.x264.YIFY.mp4-1.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back