Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

These look awesome!
By the way, I have been cruising the Junkyard to no avail. My sister would love to get Ripley's outfit from the first film. Any recommendations on where I might get her one for Christmas?

I am having a bit of trouble finding yellow piping. (i only seem to be able to find the twisted rope type!) Do you have a source you could share?
Thanks!

Mystart, finding the Ripley flight suit from the first Alien is difficult (not impossible) and if you find one (small size are the norm) it'll cost you an average of $400. You have my sympathy;)

Mystart, finding the Ripley flight suit from the first Alien is difficult (not impossible) and if you find one (small size are the norm) it'll cost you an average of $400. You have my sympathy;)

I admire your comment for its purity... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

It just screams, "I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies. "

My Dallas jacket made progress today... :D

Ok, bought up the last Jeff Milner Patches early this morning! No more left! Sorry to those looking for screen accurate. Bought 2 different Mil spec Parachute types in multiple colors of green. Picked up (4) 11" zippers that are replacement parts for military parkas (OD Green | Brass | Size 10 Zipper) and located a seamstress. Not to mention picked up OD Green military canvas.

Special Thanks to:
tlr 1172 for the Dallas Jacket Front Panel Patterns!
Interceptor6 for the stencils!!! I owe you 1 dude!
merliner for creating such awesome patches!
azuredivina for the most recent project feed back / examples!
...and everyone else on this forum thread for great suggestions!

I never got around to owning my dream 1979 Alien from Kenner, but a NOSTROMO jacket is waaayyy cooler! ;)

Last edited:
Glad to help!
It's nice to see a few new projects in motion. (Tends to get me motivated to work on mine!)
I'd love to borrow the Front Panel Patterns from tlr 1172 when you're done. Haven't started that part on my own jacket yet, but now that it's cool enough to wear it again, I'm itchin' for some stichin'!!
Cheers, Jeff

Glad to help!
It's nice to see a few new projects in motion. (Tends to get me motivated to work on mine!)
I'd love to borrow the Front Panel Patterns from tlr 1172 when you're done. Haven't started that part on my own jacket yet, but now that it's cool enough to wear it again, I'm itchin' for some stichin'!!
Cheers, Jeff

Will do I actually had to write him to get a second copy cause my hard drive crashed. I have a new hard drive now, but didn't get a chance to back them up. I'm sure he'll send them though. :) I'll pass them to you after I get them. :D

It is (as I was re-taught, the hard way) a USAF 1950s vintage G4B flight suit.They may have been readily available surplus in the 1970s when ALIEN was produced, however they are Collectors' Items now. & joberg is about right on their 'going' price. Attached is a pic of the USAF issue tag. USAFg4bFlightsuitTag.jpg

Hope this is typical of Royal Airmail to take over 2 weeks to get my jacket to the US? Sent Oct 30th; still nothing. I'm on hold till patches and jacket arrive from UK. maybe US customs likes my jacket? Anyone else get these long wait times? Royal Mail site says 5 - 7 days, but I doubt that's true for USA.

Shipping to and from other countries can take days to months depending on carrier, shipping method and how quick the service wants to be.
Fastest I've had was 2 days from Japan and longest was over a month from Russia.
UK tends to be 2-3 weeks although I sent a package once that was there in 3 days.

It's good to see they didn't trouble themselves to sew the piping in between the collar top/bottom. Makes our jobs easier as well.

If these were custom made for the film, I wonder why they didn't sew the piping 'into' the collar.

Couple shots of Sewing piping UNDER collar. Didn't see these anywhere. From avpgalaxy.

sewing into the collar involves more work (undo the stitching, put the piping, close the collar, sew it close) and I'm sure there were many jackets per actor made for the movie; easy to do it like they did;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back