Alien / Nostromo Uniforms

Looking at a su can auctioned off and using measurements from another thread I decided to make the whole thing over from scratch, a lot more needs fixing than I originally thought.
May take a few days.

Not certain is this is the place for this announcement, but I just received my copy of a new hardcover book entitled Alien Vault, a behind-the-scenes book detailing the making of the moving Alien. What's special about this book is not only the pictures and story but that it contains inserts (studio art, posters, lobby cards, blueprints, storyboards, script pages reproductions, etc) throughtout the book, which add to the story of the making of the movie. Some nice photos, too.

A beauty collectible edition for any fan of the movie.

I got mine at Amazon.com Amazon.com: Alien Vault: The Definitive Story of the Making of the Film (9780760341124): Ian Nathan: Books

...enjoy

-Mac

Finally had time to finish it.

6172911863_f710b3e325_b.jpg

Holy Frakk!!!!.......................
Thank you so much for doing this division 6, very generous of you to give your time and talent producing something that can be turned into a screen accurate prop!
Speaking as someone who was gutted at missing out on the replica can offered for sale sometime ago this is a great consolation prize!
Thanks again!

Great Job!...............................................

For the uniforms, does anyone have a good closeup of the belt buckle? I have one photo that comes close with Ash; I can see the science dept pin, and it looks like 3 bars to the left. There may or may not be a set of W-Y wings underneath the pin. Nothing I have has any real detail to it though. Any help would be appreciated

Charlie

Glad you guys like it.

The buckle is like Kane's it has the dept icon (pin) and 3 of the phone jack type things that are all over the motion tracker.
It does look like it may have the wings under the pin, I never noticed that before.
Good catch.

kane_buckle.jpg

Someone was selling copies of the little blocks a while ago, don't know if they still are.

Last edited:
Weren't they supposed to be windows from some obscure 70's model kit? They sure loved them to bits if they put them also on Kane and Ash's belt (up close must have looked cheap and nasty like the icecube tray on the motion tracker)

Well Division, I think in the table scene, Kane's belt is actually Ash's belt. That's the science insignia (near as I can tell). Base on the publicity photos

kane02qf1.jpg

tumblr_ktzfgtPeFu1qzexpio1_500.jpg

I would say Kane has a different pin on his belt. The Ash photo I have a higher quality of, and I can zoom in a bit. I still have no idea what those things are. I will check out the motion tracker. I have an idea for what I am going to do. Since I'm not using a screen accurate belt (I got tired of trying to track down the buckle) I'm not overly worried about accuracy. I think the small flat Lego blocks in white, with a dab of blue on one side, will fit the bill. (I'm a huge fan of legos). I think those are wings underneath the pins; again not positive, but based on how the wings are on EVERYTHING on that ship, it seems reasonable. I will check out the blu-ray tomorrow. I might be able to get a better closeup!!

Charlie

While looking at the promo stills and screen caps I noticed the the buckles tend to change, even between scenes.
IIRC Ash is seen wearing Kane's buckle at one point in the infirmary.

Those bit's may well be from a model, I remember seeing something in the Studio Scale(?) section a while back.

Judging from their shape, they probably are windows from a train carriage, which would also explain why they had so many of them. It's all supposition of course. Someone should ask in model train forums although the replica someone made for the motion tracker were pretty good

In the chestburster sequence continuity is all over the place? a science pin can be glimpsed on Kane's buckle first, then the navigators pin and then a change to the executive insignia pin?
They either produced divisional buckles for all the crew and decided that if everybody had them it would look a little too Star Trek? or the original pin fell off (lousy glue) like the insignia pins on the uniforms? and whoever replaced the pin amidst all the mess and confusion didn't notice the difference? that along with the uniform patches changing colour in that scene?

So kane starts thrashing about wearing the blue science division pin on his buckle, then at the next cut as the blood first appears on his shirt he's now wearing the navigators insignia, and on the final cut as the chestburster is emerging it's now changed to his correct executive pin? Seeing as they were constantly changing the actor's bloody shirts, inbetween setups, and the outfit on the Kane false torso it's not surprising these minor discrepancies occurred.

These are the unidentified white plastic doodads, certainly look similar to windows used for model railway buildings? (thanks to stephen210)

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back