Tusken Raider showoff

Hedjii72

Sr Member
I finally finished my Tusken Raider mask. It is a Godzilla kit. It's more or less modelled after the Raider in the publicity photos (as seen in SW Chronicles and the Visual Dictionary).

I finished weathering it tonight, and I think I'm pretty much done with it, but I'd certainly appreciate any feedback.

img7694yy6.jpg

img7685fa3.jpg

img7706je9.jpg

img7697vp7.jpg

img7696gi8.jpg

Here's some red "Famous Monsters" style lighting.
img7680nw7.jpg

Oh, and that line about riding single file... it's not to hide their numbers. It's because they have no peripheral vision through their masks!

I enjoyed the project, but I'm ready to move on I think.

And here's a new licensing idea for Lucasfilm... the Tusken Raider Tissue Dispenser! :lol
img7714sc5.jpg

Excellent build. Turned out nice. Is that the new machined nose? How many hours of work did it take to get it to this finished state?

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Excellent build. Turned out nice. Is that the new machined nose? How many hours of work did it take to get it to this finished state?

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Thanks for the kind words guys. It was a lot of fun to put together. I work pretty slowly, and I did at one point mess up the leather straps on the snout and have to re-do them, but I'd guess I put about 15 hours into this total.

Yes, it's the new machined nose/toothpiece Godzilla offers.

I'd like to thank Godzilla for making such a great kit and for all his patience and assistance he provided.:thumbsup

Thanks for all the compliments guys! It was a lot of fun to do. The kit is very forgiving because of all the imperfections and randomness. Still, it was challenging to get the bandages just right. I used the Chronicles Tusken as my guide. I was particularly careful to get the loose bandage on the Tusken's left side hanging properly.

Actias, Godzilla is an RPF member who makes this wonderful kit. Do a search in the Junkyard or send Godzilla a pm for information.

I love the kleenex dispenser. This is one of the nicest buildups out there, btw. I'm glad you got the metal tooth last year.

I started making masks again this past month. My previous machinist passed away in November and I didn't feel like making them for a while.

The good news is that the metal tooth part is now a standard feature on the kit. I had a some extra parts made if anyone still needs to upgrade their old resin tooth. The new ones look great.

Adam

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back