Time magazine circa 2001. Need some help

kurtyboy

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone got a Time magazine from 2000-2002?

I need to know the dimensions of the front cover, and the width of the red, black and white border frames.

Also, a scan of such a cover at 300dpi would be a great help too.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Thanks for those two large cover images. Just need to confirm the exact horizontal and vertical dimensions.

Anyone got one handy to check the correct size?

Anyone recognise the headline font and the date/month font?

Bump. Still need exact size of cover of an issue from 2001 ish.

This is for the Lana cover from Smallville which is almost done.

I'd still like to know the correct font they used which is similar but not exactly like the font Time magazine uses for the headline on the front. And the correct font for the date and month.

Judging by the lack help I've received in the two threads I posted I can only assume that once I've finished it nobody will want one :(

Just trying to help, I searched ebay and several of the older issues were as low as .99 cents.

Grab an issue of ebay and you can have it delivered to your door after shipping for under 4 dollars.

I have had a subscription to Time for about 15 years, but I am sorry to say I throw most of them away. I do have the Bono cover from 2005! LOL

Hit ebay, its so cheap!

I'd still like to know the correct font they used which is similar but not exactly like the font Time magazine uses for the headline on the front. And the correct font for the date and month.

Judging by the lack help I've received in the two threads I posted I can only assume that once I've finished it nobody will want one :(

One thing to keep in mind is that the screen-used Time cover wasn't like the ones on newsstands at the proper time (1989 is the supposed time of Smallville's first meteor shower). The masthead on the real Time was more compressed, and a bit smaller, than the SV version. Also, the barcode on the cover is on the bottom right for the SV cover, while its on the left for the real magazine. The screen-used version is a nice approximation but not meant to represent the real deal, otherwise they'd have gotten those details right. :D

Which is exactly why I asked about 2001 issues and not 1989 ;)

Still need to know which fonts are used but apart from that I'm pretty much there.

One thing to keep in mind is that the screen-used Time cover wasn't like the ones on newsstands at the proper time (1989 is the supposed time of Smallville's first meteor shower). The masthead on the real Time was more compressed, and a bit smaller, than the SV version. Also, the barcode on the cover is on the bottom right for the SV cover, while its on the left for the real magazine. The screen-used version is a nice approximation but not meant to represent the real deal, otherwise they'd have gotten those details right. :D

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back