Johnny Walker Black Whiskey bottle from Blade Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the ball is rolling over at Propsummit on this JW Bottle. Just thought I'd post some visuals for those interested in what this prop is...

b1.jpg

Blade Runner Screencap of JW bottle

brjwresize.jpg

Member-contributed fantasy advertising art to Propsummit

bissonette_and_jagger_scotch_glass.jpg

From Bladezone galleries

JW-Bottle-Sketch.jpg

The Loyalizer's awesome sketch - Version 1.0

Propsummit BR JW Bottle Thread: http://propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=344
Once-Bitten's BR JW Project Link: http://nopeek.tripod.com/bitten/id95.html

Last edited:
Nuts! I hate to say it and I'm a bit red-faced about this but... I was wrong.
After talking to my Father in law about the bottle, he got it from his cabinet and described it in detail and even took measurements. The bottle he has is much more squat than the BR one and a bit less angular.
Sorry to get yer hopes up folks :(

I'd still like to see those Annie screencaps. If the bottle is identical in that scene it increases the chances of it being a found item. I mean...unless it's just a slightly similar bottle, what are the odds that a bottle made for BR ended up on the Annie set around the same time? :rolleyes

-Rabittooth

Here are a few for ya guys:

What if it was taken from the same vacuform bucks?

My wife thought I was silly when I let out a "whoop!" after seeing the brief clip of the movie... funny how something so small can catch your attention. :lol

I don't think this is vacformed, at least not the one from Annie. Just looks thicker like glass.

My wife thought I was silly when I let out a "whoop!" after seeing the brief clip of the movie... funny how something so small can catch your attention. :lol

I don't think this is vacformed, at least not the one from Annie. Just looks thicker like glass.

Well VERY good eye on that, SurferGeek! You rule! :cool

It's a good thing they included that clip in the Carol Burnett PBS special. That's something that I might watch. However, Annie would NOT be something I would EVER watch again (unless some lady friend of mine wanted me to watch it with her, of course :love).

:lol

There ya' go!! Wow...to me, that almost certainly makes it a found item!
Also...seeing as this does not look like the neck was designed to take a screw cap, but does have a slight lip, it seems to me we are looking for a generic whisky decanter from the late 70's or early 80's...maybe from one of those sets.

-Rabittooth

The bottle was custom-made for the film. A few glass heroes were produced, while several others were vacuum-formed plastic. The heroes still exist in private collections (at least two, I think, were made). The vacuum-formed originals are still around, but are splitting apart and have begun to fog up.

I've seen the production drawing of the bottle (it's a simple silhouette drawn with a straightedge), which is signed like this:

OK
==

RS

Phil

Seems the bottle could have been a found item.
Maybe they just made plastic copies for stunt versions?
If the drawing was a simple silhouette (only one side?) maybe it was merely for Ridley Scott to sign off on it's size and shape. It could also just be a guide for prop dept to fit labels to the shape.
Actually making real glass bottles for a minor piece seems odd.

The top looks like a wine bottle - no threading, but a wider area just below the opening.
Maybe it was corked?

The label on the Annie bottle might be the original.

One other connection I noticed between Annie and Blade Runner...
On IMDB both are listed as filming at Warner Brothers Burbank Studios - 4000 Warner Blvd. (Annie's orphanage exteriors)

If it was a found item, I wounder if the liquid in the bottle from Annie or BR reflects what was in the bottle originally? It almost looks clear like a gin or vodka in those annie screen caps. :confused

Sorry to go Off Topic but everytime I see this:

BUMP.jpg

I think this:

BUM.jpg

I had to get that out of my head.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled thread.

My first post here so I'll be brief...
The BR Whiskey Bottle Project is going well and it looks like we'll be going into production sometime in late January-February.
Those that have signed a "Statement of Interest" at my web-site will be notified first when the "Buy-In" option opens up there. Here's the link:
http://brwhiskeybottle.once-bitten.com

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator:
That was drawn by Loyalizer over on PropSummit at my request, he's done a few others that are a bit closer...it's not the finalized version of the bottle.

We should be posting a few finalized versions to decide from soon.

Last edited:
Seems that a graphite mold and simple glass blowing could make this prop a reality.

The most cost would be in having the mold CNC'd but after that any glass shop should be able to use your mold to blow the bottles. hell you could probably do it amateur style and it turn out just as well.

G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back