Johnny Walker Black Whiskey bottle from Blade Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think so.
I tried any number of small glass shops and even approached it from the angle that I wanted to keep the work here in the U.S. and to keep it green by going with recycled glass...NO GO. No-one wants to touch it for anything under a 10,000 unit run.
We have however found a shop that is willing to work with us and production is near at hand.
The best thing about it is that they were able to offer us truly competative prices so that we will be able to keep the price per unit very low.

Last edited:
The Statements of Interest keep coming in! Very cool...thanks guy's.
We are finalizing labels and other details and should have some fully rendered examples to show soon!

On an interesting note, it is mentioned in the Anniversary disc set that 'Annie' was filmed on the same Warners NYC backlot as BR, but BEFORE BR was. So if the bottle was a made item, it may have been made for 'Annie', not BR.

Thanks Andy...I just wish we could get a better look at the label on the Annie Bottle...being white it's a little difficult to see but I think it may hold the final clue as to the bottle's original contents...which ofcourse could lead us to the original bottle itself.

We are up to 41 Statements of Interest and I just want to say thank-you to all of those who have signed up. You are the ones that are driving this project to it's ultimate realization.
This will be my last linked post here at the RPF...it's been pointed out to me that as a NEW MEMBER here I am not to post my link "willy-Nilly" and havent earned the right to post it in The Junk-yard yet. Sorry about that.
Look for me at PropSummit more than here henceforth.

Last edited:
Not to be a party pooper, but the drop out rate on interest threads is usually over 50%. WAY over 50%. So be careful when judging interest. Or take non refundable downpayments before you go to manufacture the things.

Just some free advice from a guy who has been burned in the past.

Not to be a party pooper, but the drop out rate on interest threads is usually over 50%. WAY over 50%. So be careful when judging interest. Or take non refundable downpayments before you go to manufacture the things.

Just some free advice from a guy who has been burned in the past.

BUMP.jpg

Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. Words of experience there!

:cool

Any update on this ?

Sorry...I get so busy with working out different aspects of the bottle production I forget that people want to be kept in the loop.

My project to reproduce the BR Whiskey Bottle seems to be gaining momentum. We have finalized the design and I'm in the process of working out the production contract with the bottle manufacturer's and with the Import/Export people as well...got have red tape to break through.

Looks like the production run has been set at 100 bottles which will be numbered.
At this time I'm very pleased to reiterate that the unit price will be under 100 dollars per bottle. Buy in will be for one half that amount until I have the bottles in hand and can show them off.

Some have suggested that the fall off rate from any list is about 50%...well if that's the case and people suddenly lose interest in owning one of these bottle...NO WORRIES...if I can get 20-30 people who want one or two as seems to be the case, my production is paid for.
I'm not that much of a pessimist though, even though I too have been screwed a few times...I have a feeling, as the interest seems to be growing not waning, that the buy in on this is going to be HUGE.
I encourage all who have ANY interest to sign up now rather than try to later.
I am currantly looking for a representative who will post for me in the Junkyard here when the "Buy-In" page open at my web-site.

Hmmm. Well, will they be filled with Whiskey?
:D
I'll have to go to this other site you speak of and check out pics.
Do I need to join or register over there?

I signed quite a while ago "Statement of interest" so am i down for 1
or do i have to put my name down here as well ?

Wow, that's very cool! :eek

Does one have to use some sort of releasing agent to keep glass from sticking to a bottle mold, or does it just naturally and cleanly pop free?

Dunno, you would have to ask Once-Bitten about it - he's the project head. ;)

Comparison of the mold with the sketch of the filled bottle:

bottlemould1.jpg
jw-bottle-concept-full.jpg

More information:
http://www.propsummit.com/viewtopic.php?t=344&start=200

Bottle sign up link: Sign up's are for the JY thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back