TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Lifesize Suit Of Armor (costume) Tezer Photos....

Absolutely beautiful work of art! I can't wait to see your final results. You definitely deserve two thumbs up on a job well done, mate! Keep up the fine work. Can't wait to see the rest of it come together.

:D Looks great. Please continue to keep us all informed.

That's fantastic, you do amazing work TMP :thumbsup

I moved the thread from the prop forum and them merged the threads, just makes things tidier.

Cheers,

Kraig

Thanks :) I did not know if one of the topics was closed for public or open. So i posted both placed.

Thank you all for the feedback. This project really drained allot of work resources and money. But looking at it evolve is a great feeling.

And to you guys that clolored it... THanks it really made me smile big time. its cooler to se photos of it in colour.:lol

I am blown away!!! It's looks like it stepped off the pages of the civil war comics!

Thanks for the feedback guys. The amror as you se it now lacks allot of details. The back shoulder armor will now be made. The pack armor will be over the existing back. Just like you se him in Civil War. You will still able to se the spine in between the shoulder plates. Also the neck muscels will be on this piece. The shoulder bells are next after that. These will be interesting to make. I am also looking into the pistons to the shoulders.
The next after that is the arms and gauntlets. The helmet will not be done untill we got it all up to ensure the proportions will be correct.
With the boots and helmet on a wearer sized to be 6 tall will become arround 6.3-6.4 tall Its gonna be huge. I guess this because the boots will rise the wearer about 1 -1,5 inch then the helmet on top will add some more. The boots will be made last.

Now we are going to make a glassfiber cast of what we have. It will then be sanded down and added more details to. Once all the details are in the final version we will cast the final mold.

I plan to make two sets of abdominal armor. One will be in ABS.
ABS will shine and show sharp good details.
The other will be in rubber colored red.
The Rubber is more flexible and more user freindly it will not look as cool but the wearer will have allot nicer time wearing it.

The gauntlets will have compartments with opening panel. Here i can store keys, creditcard/ money, small pocket camera and bateries for the led lights in the hands.

Someone mentioned that its gonna rock for next dragon con... Well :cry
I dont think i will get this costume over there :confused Its HUGE! Its gonna be OVERWEIGHT DELUXE!!! :eek:cry I think this will be a most rare sight. I wish i could have someone sponsor me, but i dont think so. I plan to have this done for the movie. All depending on funding. Need to sell some stuff to get this project going....

Anyone want to help out..:love?

Looking great:thumbsup
Glad to see some nicer replies then the first couple of times you posted on this topic in other threads.:)

Looking great:thumbsup
Glad to see some nicer replies then the first couple of times you posted on this topic in other threads.:)

Hehe... What do you mean? meen? ... (HELP What word shal i use here) ...
I dont have spell check on this. And either way if the spell check choses the wrong word my reply will be negative :)

All in all i dont understand your reply :) Have my other props been worse or better?
Anyway thanks for looking and thank you all for great feedback.

Last edited:

Man, that is insane. Just like above, PM me if you are planning on selling this suit. I will give you a downpayment if it helps you get this masterpiece done. Great work thus far!

Hehe... What do you mean? meen? ... (HELP What word shal i use here) ...
I dont have spell check on this. And either way if the spell check choses the wrong word my reply will be negative :)

All in all i dont understand your reply :) Have my other props been worse or better?
Anyway thanks for looking and thank you all for great feedback.

It was nothing, I was making fun of the people who replied in your original interest post that complained about not having pictures - now they have them, and they seem happy.
- It looks great, I am looking forward to seeing the helmet.:thumbsup

I can't help with the color, but can I see a photo of the raw base. The frame before you started adding the modeling clay.

It was nothing, I was making fun of the people who replied in your original interest post that complained about not having pictures - now they have them, and they seem happy.
- It looks great, I am looking forward to seeing the helmet.:thumbsup

I understood you had good intentions. No worries :)
Thanks for all the feedback and intrest.

Is this in the scale of the Robocop size? Are you looking at similar costs? I am interested to see if I could help out as well.

D

The size is for a person 6 feet tall + - I am 6.1 and i will fit it perfectly.

Next time i show some photos you will se some majo design changes to the armor. The groin, the butt, the waist and the back. :)

What I meant by scale was in production and costs related to it? Is it similar to that?

What kind of help can a person offer to realize this project?

D

If you reffer to scale of work regarding the workload compared to robocop i whould say its more complex with more details. Robocop is a simpled design. I will show more photos soon so you can se the changes.

I plan to realize the project. But its a funding question to get it in time for the premiere. If we can focus on the production and not other projects to get funds then there is no problem.

Someone made a helmet on this board who was that.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back