TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: TMP Iron Man Costume. NEW PHOTOS 30TH NOV.09 PAGE 53 & 54

I need to clean my keyboard after watching that! What's the best way to get drool off plastic.......

Great work :thumbsup, you sell it ? how much that it cost ? i want :cry

We chose to make the majority of the armor in fiberglass due to the faitfully ressult we can give the armor from its original sculpt as well as it works perfect for the wearable Ironman armor. We combine some vacform parts to give a bit more movement in some areas.

FIBERGLASS:
  • Helmet
  • Upper armor
  • Shoulderbells
  • Biceps
  • Lower arm and gauntlet
  • Upper legs
  • Boot covers
ABS VACFORM:
  • Neckseal
  • Midsection
  • Gloves / Fingers
  • Upper legs plates
  • Shinguards
We are not looking down on other methods, but based on our expeience and ressults we chose to go for fiberglass.

Judge by the photos, we think they speak for them self.

I got 80 mails and going. :wacko

So sorry...:$ I will try to start tomorrow and do a backdraft starting with newest and backwards. :lol

To those who send me mail. Please include your full name, but also screen name and forum name.. :love:thumbsup

It is FAR eaiser to keep track of all the emails comming in. :):thumbsup

I'm telling you, if I had the money.... I'd buy a set of armor from you in an instant.
I'd never fit in it, as I'm way to small, but I'd set it up in my house and stare at it. :D

Thank you for your kind words... We are considering a new custom variation of Ironman based one one or several of Adi Granovs concepts and ilustration. We plan to take the best of all the variations and put it into one suit of armor. This suit will be allot of streamlines.

Another idea is that IF the intrest is there to make a Female Ironman. But i dont know the avrage high, weight, waistsize and bustsize are on females.. Idea is to bring Clow (member of this board) into the project as she is now part of our Concept design team and a promissing sculptor:thumbsup

hi there john,
has there been any progress with the special fx helm
ie. jarvis sound board,faceplate movement etc
seem to recall a member joining your crew who had very good skills in this area,
(sorry if i missed any current updates on this)
matt.

hi there john,
has there been any progress with the special fx helm
ie. jarvis sound board,faceplate movement etc
seem to recall a member joining your crew who had very good skills in this area,
(sorry if i missed any current updates on this)
matt.

Well the problem is that the helmet can fit a limited amount of people. The helmet Firemedic used on his was Version 7, aperently a bit wider vs the curent version 8. Either way what we experienced after the expo we attended in London a while back was that few people managed to get it on. The critical point is for the jawline servos. They are so narrow that with the wrong shaped head you wont get it on. If you get it on then if you got a wide jawline then the servos hit your jaw and it causes pressure & paint.

We are looking into improvement of the helmet. Another idea is to drop the jawline servo and just allow the faceplate to move. This will reduce the cost of the servos and work involved.

We are shipping out a pair of the new gauntlets for test of same function. Open with pivoting gauntlet with missiles and laser.

simply put...amazing!

Will u be selling these full suites with electronics etc. Really amazing.

Just get that head bigger. Most of us 6'2 guys have big heads!!!!!

simply put...amazing!

Will u be selling these full suites with electronics etc. Really amazing.

Just get that head bigger. Most of us 6'2 guys have big heads!!!!!

HEHE.. The helmet is no problem to wear, but the servos are big and its total 6 of them + the metal pistons. So it takes up allot of space on each side. The helmet without the jaw as it is now would fit all. I think its one of the bigger helmets our there. The helmet is scaled to the size of the suit and was sculpted last for this main reason.

TMPFanmadeIronmanwearablearmorcostu.jpg

A person 6.4 without high soles or heel raiser can fit our suit. He can also be athletic & muscular buildt.
Beeing skinnier is also no problem. The armor design and buildup will hide most of the joints.
Beeing shorter is also not so big problem as long as its compensated with boots with high sole and heel raisers to get the leg proportions right. The CGI Ironman had abnormal long legs compared to the rest of the body. :D

Last edited:

Wow, just Wow! This is the best Ironman costume around. Nothing else even comes close.

Thank you for your kind words. We chose fiberglass for a suit like this for the main reason due to the high details the design have. Soon you will se it in action :D

Can't wait to see that finished!!

Such a great work!

btw : Is your PM working properly? It's the second message i'm dropping...;_;

Very hectic, but yes i got your messages, message replied :D

If I´m not worng John did for himself firstly and later he decided to sell only a few and not to anyone :rolleyes

John, it´s a pleasure see your work, always I take an eye on it I find a new impressive detail :love

Why are you now not offering this suit forsale? And if you are not offering it can you not share the open face helmet specs with the rest of us to do to our helmets, that you aquired from firedemic, I think his name is.

Biker

This is John´s choice... think about it :rolleyes

Anyway if you are looking for a way to do you can check my thread and you will find the way to do that yourself in your helmet (sorry John, this is your thread but I needed to say :$)

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back