TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Costume. Update 10.12.07 Update Page 10

I apprecaite you pointing that out. I thought that was the case with the lower armor.

So with the civil war style armor are you going to do anything else differnet as well ? Will these components all be part of the same kit or is the plan to offer either version as an option ?

Sorry for al lthe questions and thanks.

I apprecaite you pointing that out. I thought that was the case with the lower armor.

So with the civil war style armor are you going to do anything else differnet as well ? Will these components all be part of the same kit or is the plan to offer either version as an option ?

Sorry for al lthe questions and thanks.

I will not do any major changes to the armor it self without he changes i already reffered to. it iss very similar in many aspects.

The wearer can chose what version he wants to wear. This way it can be two costume in one. :)

TK... Just wanted to let oyu know you broke the 100 post :thumbsup

Hey all, long time lurker, just registered, so I´m finally able to add my two cents.

TMP, this is one HELL of a sculpting job!!!
Don´t know how you can sleep at nights, but all that symmetry would give me the creeps.

I understand that your design is a mixture of the movie version and the Civil War -suit. Hm, guess I have to start a pure Adi Granov - suit :love myself *kiddingofcourse*. That one rocks and made me follow the series again (started reading the comics originally in ´91 when we had some reprints here in Germany where he wore the `Golden Avenger`, the `Silver Centurion` and the `New Red & Gold` - armor).

Start a thread in the JY already!

I want to see the price so I can cry and get it over with! (because I know I can't afford it :cry)

Hi all- new member, first post, was reading this thread, and HAD to make my first post on this one. TMP, this is an AWESOME job! I make armor in steel, and I have a good idea of the problems you face in making this sculpt a reality. I'm just blown away by your skill in this build, both as a lifetime IM fan, and as an armorer. Can't wait to watch your further process now. How do you find time to work on this, AND answer all our silly little questions?:lol

I make armor in steel, and I have a good idea of the problems you face in making this sculpt a reality.

If you work with midevil armor you know allot of the problems for wearability. What people seam toforget is that what they se in a cartoon, comic or on movies usually are done with movie fx or pure creativity.
By wearing an armor like this you limit your movments by allot of you follow the sculptural design to the fingertip.

What i like about the movie design is that its constructular design looks good and logic.
However there are aspects to the suit that whould be very dificult and most uncomfortable to wear if all the parts were soposed to be metal in real life. If you notice the legs on ironman the design it self has overlapping armor that slides in and out, and move with allot of hinges and slides.

You will se the tecnical aspects of this in the movie. But the screen suit is all rubber so it allow him to kneel and move and they add the tecnical aspects later with Cgi rendering removing the wrinkles and add the sliding in and out overlapping armor to make it look real.

Our problem for the wearer is that we can not add CGI graphic to it when its worn it at convention. :D
We must make it look sharp from the start. :) We can not do any shortcuts and relayon these movie fx aspects.

I whould say we got a bigger chalange than the movie suit.
We have to make a working armor from hard materials.
That is why that some of the armor must change in small aspects to meet the wearer, public attention to get a feeling this is a real armor its not a guy dressed up as ironman but it is ironman.

The legs is probably the biggest problem.
It is virtually impossible to make it to the movie version tecnical aspect. unless someone is willing to trow me additional 100.000 to make this tecnology. But i am not saying we have not taken this in consideration. I have taken this much in consideration of the desgn and final sculpt it self. I will share more info later.

I also find the neck in the movie poster to be unatural long.
It looks good in the poster but a real person wearing that whould probalby have the helmet placed more down on the neck.

What i find most dificult to an design with a overallaping armor like a medevil armor, is to make the design so it overalps as much as possible without revealing to much flesh without comprimising the needed movment.
I have given this much though with this design, but it will require some of the joints to be cover with rubber or shiny material in exposed areas.
By doing this the wearer will have comfort, movment and the estetic look needed to make this realistic.

My goal with this project is to make him LOOK LIKE IRIONMAN .... Not a costume of Irionman.
I also started this project with the goal of a wearer in focus not just the design it self.
The wearer must enjoy wearing the costume. Not hate it.
To like it you need comfort to get comfort you need as natural movment as possible.

Last edited:

How bout the helmet pics? side and back view?and the back plate? So excited to see this finished.

TMP

Dont forget us:) More picture please ! Were not happy unless we
get our weekly infusion of these great shots:cry Please .

:lol:thumbsup

Progress repport.

• The New Back armor and shoulder details been molded and casted.
  • The Shoulders are beeing made and about to be cast.
Hopefully photos next weekend.

Next steps in priority number.

1. Arms and Gauntlets beeing made. (Glassfiber)
  2. Gloves being sculpted. (rubber)
  3. Feet beeing made (Material not chosen)
  4. Helmet and mask (Beening made last to ensure its proportion to the rest.

Very cool thanks for that, Cant wait to see more shots. This is again amazing TMP :thumbsup

Let me toss in my "Me, too"! This sculpt is looking great, and I can't wait to see what the final product looks like.

I also can't wait to see how you solve the vision-through-glowing-eyes problem.:cool

Well that is a what is most dificult.
For the movie they used CGI for most of the time.

Ive robbed 3 K-Marts to get money for this.... hurry please before Im caught. Id at least like to get to buy it and wear it before I go away...:rolleyes

Or better still, rob TMP right before he starts shipping the orders. This way you get the prototype, the mold and all the castings.

And there won't even be security guards chasing after you :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back