Lets see your Marty McFly costumes!

Here is mine from last year. it's as accurate as I can get. Don't have the class 5 vest...yet! ;^). I'm 5'5" so everything is in the right marty/ MJF size too. (Note:the jacket is now being updated with paisley lining)
-vintage nike bruins, nike wording removed (grayish socks)
-84 guess jeans, high waisted and tapered ankle
-shah safari button down
-84 JC Penney tshirt
- Casio CA53W Twincept Databank watch
- aiwa PO2MKIi Walkman
Not pictured are my Valterra Madrid skateboard (25th anniversary remake) and original aviators and jvc GR-c1 camcorder
-and, YES, that is, to my knowledge, the only existing guess jacket identical to Marty's, except for the lining, which most fans agree was added for production. No alteration done on this baby. It's my holy grail.
Hope you all like it. It's been a fun and exhausting and still ongoing search! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

IMG_20140320_232139.jpg I managed to get theses little beauties for less than € 70 last year and yes I do have the other shoe lol.Also removed the Nike tag from tong.:cool

Yes they were a steal, never wore them yet,when I got them I noticed something strange that I got
2 odd shoes still a left and right but the Nike logo on the bottoms were different and when I removed the Nike logos off the tong one was made in Korea and the other somewhere else as I have forgot now. Don't know if the Spanish ebayer new that as its hard enough now days to find these with out them being both made in different countries lol.The same seller has recently been bugging me to sell them back to him for €200 but I said no!!:D

Nowhere close to accurate, but I wore this to a friend's sci-fi themed birthday party last month. It's the product of a thrift store visit the day before the party, lol. It was a lot of fun to wear, but VERY warm, even though I got a "jean" blouse rather than an actual jean jacket because I knew it would be warm at the party. Still, it's a costume I might like to put more effort into later!

DSC02277.jpg

YES, that is, to my knowledge, the only existing guess jacket identical to Marty's, except for the lining, which most fans agree was added for production. No alteration done on this baby. It's my holy grail.

I can confirm it is not the only existing Guess Jacket that is identical to Marty's jacket. I bought mine at a thrift shop, it's a very nice jacket, and I would wear it more often if I wasn't afraid of it being damaged, luckily enough it fits me as well. However since i'm also a fan of the fashion designer G Marciano I don't have any plans on altering it to add a paisley lining :)

Gotta admit I'm fairly nervous contributing to this thread, but here we go! Definitely not screen accurate, but I think it's a nice start. I've got so many updates I want to do with this, but all in good time. :thumbsup

Looks great! I remember seeing that outfit at ECCC. It turned out really well.

My (definitely not screen accurate) Marty from a few Halloweens ago. It's all very lucky secondhand finds and a slightly pricey "vintage" puffy vest.

McFly.JPGMcFly_parts.jpg

The jacket is the noticeably least accurate part, it's just plain denim with no styling or lining. The shirt pattern was close enough to pass, and I was just glad to find it at a thrift store. The shoes are plain white Nikes (not even sure what style). I debated trying to paint or dye the swoosh, but didn't want to fuss with them further. They fit and were comfortable to wear all day, so I was happy enough. Beyond that, stonewash tapered jeans, mirror shades, and a cassette Walkman were also scrounged from thrift stores. Sadly, I never found a simple, plastic digital watch.

The maroon tee came from my closet.

The vest is a really great burnt-orange. It doesn't look quite as puffy as it should, but it was a good find online. It cost a bit for just a one-off Halloween costume, but was rather essential as the cornerstone piece. Well, you'd THINK the vest was the cornerstone. A coworker sat down and talked to me for 5 minutes before spotting the Walkman and suddenly asking me if I was wearing a costume.

McFly_Shirt.jpgMcFly_Vest.jpgMcFly_Bits.jpg

I can confirm it is not the only existing Guess Jacket that is identical to Marty's jacket. I bought mine at a thrift shop, it's a very nice jacket, and I would wear it more often if I wasn't afraid of it being damaged, luckily enough it fits me as well. However since i'm also a fan of the fashion designer G Marciano I don't have any plans on altering it to add a paisley lining :)

Good do to know there are others out there. What size? Post a pic so we can all see it!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back