Let's see your ANH / ESB Stormtrooper costumes!

Stormtrooper

In recent time we've seen some screen-accurate Vader costumes, with attention-to-detail bordering on obsession :lol

Well, there are some great ANH Stormtrooper replica costumes over at the FISD.net forums, but I haven't seen many here yet... So lt's see your mannequin displays with canvas belts, painted helmets, painted boots, strips on arms/legs, riveted holsters etc. etc.
Just wondering who has *the* most accurate ANH/ESB Stormtrooper costume out there... nothing against Armor F/X but I'd like to see uber geekdom, here ;)
Come on, I know you're out there!

Cheers,
John

My old ANH long sold as well as my then Hero helmet. might work on another ANH later on one that would fit me better LOL (kept the trooper bucket pictured)
DSC07162copy.jpg

DSC07187.jpg

DSC07171.jpg

DSC07170.jpg

DSC07158.jpg

ESB WIP
http://therpf.com/showthread.php?t=33502

This was taken last Haloween and I've now upgraded the blaster so please ignore the one in the picture.......Little known Star Wars fact....Darth Vader is a lot shorter in person!!:lol

IMG_4736.jpg

Last edited:
I need to take some updated pics of both my ESB and ANH trooper. The ones I have now would not be suitable for this thread.

WHAT no ROTJ...
Don't get me started on trooper stuff or I will post pics of my 12 helmets
and 4 suits, muhahahaa.

Ok here's a pic some of you have already seen, the only one I could find easily on my HDD.
My ESB display mannequin features:

GINO V1 stormtrooper armor, assembled and converted to ESB specs with parts from various sources by me.
TE early bumpy cap and back helmet re-detailed by me.
Correct lycra gloves with handguards SEWN onto the gloves as seen on the originals.
Vintage chelsea boots from the...60's very close to the originals.
Vintage undersuit.
ESB hero blaster from all authentic parts. Also have a stunt version cast from original from our own John:love
Gaffer tape as seen on most film used troopers;).

hdpesbus0.jpg

gaffer detail
GAFFERDETAIL.jpg

gloves detail
GLOVEDETAIL.jpg

More pics coming later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got this today, TE ESB and still figuring out how to put this thing on. Swapped helmets with my ANH for fun on the second pic. First thing I figured out is that you sweat like a mother in this, but lots of fun. Needs some tweaking and havent applied the knees yet in the pic. And HDPE, I think I'm gonna keep this one for awhile.:love

TE2.JPG

TE3.JPG

Here's my recently completed ESB TK.

esbtkfullfrontuz6.jpg

esbtktorsobs0.jpg

esbtkbustmb5.jpg

esbtkbucketbz5.jpg

daninstormtrooperdisguiao8.jpg

It's TE armor, smooth cap, with Keith's mic tips, TK409 neck seal, Troopermaster ESB hand backs, Trooper Decals helmet decals, and Mark Cheng (circa 2000) boots. Displayed on a DarkShadow posable mannequin, except for the shot of me suited up at the office.

I idealized it a little, filling and sanding the strip construction on the arms and legs, and painting it with 2 layers of different colored primer underneath the gloss white paint. I went very subtle with the weathering, just light strategic scuffs and scrapes biting down into the primer.

Thanks to all the talented enthusiasts in this community for all the help. You guys are amazing!

Fantastic work guys... I think it's really cool that the level of accuracy of replica Stormtroopers has risen so much in the last 3 or 4 years :thumbsup

Now let's see some more :love

Cheers,
John

Here's my ESB. I have another ESB that I haven't quite finished assembling (only started it a year ago:lol) plus an ANH stunt and ANH hero suit. I need to take some new pics someday.....
Picture001-1.jpg
ESBreplica.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back