Muscle Suit Sculpture:Full Body Undersuit for Spandex WIP

DAVIDYR1

Official Licensee
Dave gave me the OK to post these for now. They're not current images because we're not allowed to post the fully sculpted under suit yet. Once the studio signs off on that we'll post the finished sculpts.

This will be used under a custom printed spandex costume much like the Spiderman undersuits.
Seeing as there's been some talk of an undersuit for those really cool spandex suits a lot of you have, I thought I'd give a sneak peek on the one we have in the works. As an undersuit, it doesn’t need very detailed cut muscles because the spandex wont allow for that kind of detail to show anyhow. The trick seems to be with how the raised and sunk in areas allow for the spandex to stretch over them, further adding to the illusion of the muscle suit.

This is the lifecast it's being sculpted on,

IMG_0010.jpg

And here's some very early clay lay up and roughed in detail work. These date back to early September.

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

The muscle suit is nearly complete and it looks pretty intense, raw and 'sexy' if I do say so myself.
CWwhip.gif
It's almost going to be a shame to cover it up with a spandex.
geez.gif

Once we get the go ahead to post finished works I'll update this thread.

Rimma
meow.gif

Thats pretty cool man! Can't wait to see how this one turns out. Always been a fan of your sculpts.

Sorry, I thought I updated this thread. Also, I now have my very own screen name..so yay for me.:thumbsup Hopefully this wont cause any confusion. DAVIDYR1 is my husband so naturally, now I'm RIMMAYR1...

Here's a bit of history on the lifecast and how we did it. I think it makes for a pretty interesting read. :)

Sadly for us here, AFTER the body cast was done the client lost a lot of weight in a very short time, so Dave had to reduce the bodycasting to his new gut size...neat eh? :)

Fresh from the mold with the compensated areas due to the new gut size..

2004_0101008-1.jpg

Cleaning it up..
2004_0101002.jpg

2004_0101005-1.jpg

We took him from a waist of 46 inches to a 35 inch waist..That's a good 2+ inches in the immediate gut area.

2004_0101010.jpg

2004_0101011-1.jpg

Before and after..

P1010006.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010010.jpg

And the finished body cast..

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Details are subtle and globally meant to pop muscle forms out. No need for extreme real definition.

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

We also have a custom muscle suit created for this undersuit. Dave together with Joker89 designed this custom muscle suit which is intended to work in conjunction with the foam muscle suit that'll go underneath. Sorry that it's blurry, Dave took the pic...so that's all I have to work with.:unsure

IMG_0139.jpg

Let's see, green hair...green eyebrows...hmmm, light skinned...I wonder who this could be? :)

Untitled-13.jpg

Untitled-19.jpg

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-36.jpg

Untitled-30.jpg

The plastic you see under the wig is only there to keep any clay residue from getting on the underside of the wig.

And here's the *sort of* finished suit...some tweaking needed still..:)

In this pic the wearer has no eye make up on...

IMG_0225.jpg

And in this pic it's a dark blue that doesnt really blend well...

IMG_0230.jpg

A few more tweaks here and there...and with the proper eye make up and it'll be good to go. :)

Rimma

Very nice work! I actually had the pleasure of meeting David at FanExpo 2007 in Toronto. He made a cast of my face in and it was so lifelike.

Very impressive work again... Hope to see more of his work in future Conventions.

Dave does great work. But, I am a bit confused. Why spend all that time and money on a beautiful muscle build like to cover it in spandex??? Seems there are eisier ways to give the appearence of muscle like in the movies? IMO

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back