Body filler spray

TK1536

Sr Member
I'm looking for something in a rattle can that's essentially filler, almost like a thick layer of primer or thinned Bondo. I know some autobody pros that use something like this that they spray on with those expensive spray guns, but I believe there is a similar product in a rattle can... just don't know the brand or name state-side. Any help would be appreciated.

Why I need it... I have sculpts in 2lb. foam that are covered with polyester resin. But, even after sanding with sand paper, primer, etc. the surface is just not as smooth and blemish free as I would like. Short of covering the whole thing with Bondo and sanding, I'm at a loss.

Dupli-color filler primer in red or gray. I love the stuff. Any auto parts store will have it with the paint. AutoZone, parts america ect.

Last edited:
yup duplicolor, my mistake ,edited the post. Don't be afraid to spray it on heavy if it runs, it sands beutiful. make sure you wet sand!!

Bondo makes this stuff they call "Quick-Fix" (I call it Cheez-Whiz Bondo)that comes in a pressurized can and cures by sunlight. Just spread it on and leave it for an hour or so, and it's ready to sand. They make it in a light weight and a heavyweight version.

Sounds like you want their glazing and spot putty version-

757NEW2.JPG

http://www.bondo-online.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=701

-Sarge

Where do you get this? They have some great products on their site but I haven't seen them at the local hardware or paint stores...

Bondo makes this stuff they call "Quick-Fix" (I call it Cheez-Whiz Bondo)that comes in a pressurized can and cures by sunlight. Just spread it on and leave it for an hour or so, and it's ready to sand. They make it in a light weight and a heavyweight version.

Sounds like you want their glazing and spot putty version-

757NEW2.JPG

http://www.bondo-online.com/catalog_item.asp?itemNbr=701

-Sarge

Where do you get this? They have some great products on their site but I haven't seen them at the local hardware or paint stores...

I don't know myself- none of the places around here stock it either. :lol

May just have to break down and order it online.

-Sarge

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back