Batmobile 89 Keaton, Question.....

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
I am going to purchase one of the Howard Studios 89 Keaton Batmobile shells. Forgive me, I am not exactly sure how long it is, but I know it is something like 2 full feet long. Its HUGE.

My question was, since I have NO skill at building models and such, does anyone have any suggestions on if I can make it into a RC Car? Or would it be easier to have a modeling expert just finish it off for me? Ideally, I would love to have the little Machine Gun Turrets work, and for it to light up.

Again, I have NO skill and would like to find someone who is KILLER good with models do this for me.

What are your thoughts and suggestions?? Anyone want to work on a 89 Batmobile replica for me? It does NOT have to drive, just LOOK GOOD on my office desk at church!!!

God Bless,

--Chuck

well it's 29" long approx 1/8 scale so you'd have to scratch a frame I think.. for R/C. This is a rework of the WayneTech piece looks like, still some things to be accurized and fixed, but a neat piece...
Will

If RC is your goal for the shell, Richman's Toys had an EXCELLENT Anton Furst/Burton Batmobile 1/10 scale RC out in 89. There was even an optional lighting kit. I had one a few years ago... WAYYYY too much fun. Speedy little booger...

For something stationary, HotWheels put out a REALLY nice looking 1/18 scale Batmobile a few years ago.... moving turrets, opening canopy, removable turbine... very cool! Probably the most detailed mass-produced Burton Batmobile. I was going to display one with some original Batmobile production art... sold the art, though. Bummer.

Last edited:
Okay guys, here is my question. If I buy the 1/8th scale Howard Studios Batmobile shell HOW do I go about making it an RC car with lights and such????

I searched for hours last night about custom RC cars, but nothing really helped.....

Need some help here! LOL

Thanks

---Chuck

If RC is your goal for the shell, Richman's Toys had an EXCELLENT Anton Furst/Burton Batmobile 1/10 scale RC out in 89. There was even an optional lighting kit. I had one a few years ago... WAYYYY too much fun. Speedy little booger...

For something stationary, HotWheels put out a REALLY nice looking 1/18 scale Batmobile a few years ago.... moving turrets, opening canopy, removable turbine... very cool! Probably the most detailed mass-produced Burton Batmobile. I was going to display one with some original Batmobile production art... sold the art, though. Bummer.

There are a few Hot Rod kits out there around the 1/8 scale BFC.
Do a google maybe? I know Parma did a few RC rods back in the day and there pretty much all US market as far as i know.
Another though are the Kyosho F1 cars ( try ebay), way back they did a 1/8 chassis that would carry all the parts you would need, maybe just a flat pan chassis conversion?
You wont need any elaborate chassis for this, best guess, a rolling rear axle set up like a pancar and just a kingpin arrangment of front.
If you can source your suspension and tranny arrangement, a custom chassis to the wheelbase you require would be too hard, maybe just have it cut in carbon fibre?
Wheels are another matter but again not impossible, that would at least give to a platform to work at.

lee

Bingo...buddy try a search for Bolink drag or funny car, there are some around right now, i think this type of chassis would be right up your alley!

bests.....lee

Hey brother, thanks VERY much for the info. Wow, I was so depressed. Now I have someplace to start. Actually, if I had my way I would totally make a MASSIVE 1:6th size 89 Batmobile, but again I really need to buy the parts from people and put it together.

Hmmmmm....... I wonder if someone out there can custom build me a 1:6th 89 Batmobile car body shell.....

Hmmmmmm

Anyone have any ideas? I will continue to search the suggested webpages!

Linky to further your cause, all these are not guaranteed to work out, but would be a good start, like i said, chassis wheel base and stance would be one concern, but not a nightmare, wider rear axles ans stub axles can be machined by many people.

http://www.rccarkings.net/drag page.htm

lee

No worries man, good luck with it all. Like i said, they arent a quick fix and may need quite a bit of work, but itll get you in the game of making this an RC vehicle.
One thing that is quite cool and fun, you may want to try the other end of the size spectrum, you can get the Keaton mobile by Kyosho in there Mini Z range, there like around the 1/28 mark and super cool!
As far as i can remember there Japan market only, but try the bay, they do pop up on there now and then along with the Max interceptor and BTTF Delorean!

bests....lee

Hey Ralphie,

Do you know anyone who can take a 1/8th scale 89 Batmobile shell, and somehow make me a 1/6th Batmobile shell??

I dont know how, but perhaps they would use the smaller one for reference.

I just really need to find someone who is REALLY good who can make the shell for me, then I will start building my one of a kind custom 89 Batmobile!

WHOOOO!

Chuck

No worries man, good luck with it all. Like i said, they arent a quick fix and may need quite a bit of work, but itll get you in the game of making this an RC vehicle.
One thing that is quite cool and fun, you may want to try the other end of the size spectrum, you can get the Keaton mobile by Kyosho in there Mini Z range, there like around the 1/28 mark and super cool!
As far as i can remember there Japan market only, but try the bay, they do pop up on there now and then along with the Max interceptor and BTTF Delorean!

bests....lee

Hmm im sure this place is loaded with the talent to take on such a project, a huge project too lol.
Thats a bloomin big body shell in 1/6. Maybe put a post in the JY?
Possibly having a buck made for a vacform could work, but then you have to think about media and the problems with undercuts etc etc.
Maybe polycarbonate, anything in FG would be pretty heavy, but still possible.
Id not want to drive anything like this at the cost it could run into though lol.

lee

Okay, just to let everyone know, that shortly I will go ahead and purchase the 1/8th Studio Scale 89 Keaton Batmobile shell from Howard Studios.

Then, I will begin creating the custom pieces to make it a proper RC car.

I am HOPING to have working lights, some kind of "sound" chip that has the sound of the engine starting and revving up, and my greatest hope is that I can find some way to have the gun turrets actually open and close! That would be sweet.

That is the ultimate goal here. To have the largest working, detailed, and beast of a custom 89 Keaton Batmobile!

Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated. I am TOTALLY new at this project and will be starting my first ever project like this! I will post photos as I go along. Let me know if anyone has any ideas or suggestions!

-Chuck

Hmm im sure this place is loaded with the talent to take on such a project, a huge project too lol.
Thats a bloomin big body shell in 1/6. Maybe put a post in the JY?
Possibly having a buck made for a vacform could work, but then you have to think about media and the problems with undercuts etc etc.
Maybe polycarbonate, anything in FG would be pretty heavy, but still possible.
Id not want to drive anything like this at the cost it could run into though lol.

lee

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back