Props featured in new Entertainment Weekly photo issue

Chingon

Here are some quick scans I did just for anyone who is interested

Rosebud.jpg

Wilson-1.jpg

SWExorApoc.jpg

IJMaltMinRepKillMock.jpg

It was most likely us "Star Wars Geeks" that initially discovered that the original GK was recycled by Bapty...! ;)

Interesting to note that powerful filmmakers collect iconic props like Rosebud. $60k for Steven? probably the equivalent of lunch money to me.

Bent tailfeathers to clearly distinguish from replicas? Not around these parts!

Thanks for posting the pics! Cool, fun stuff!

Holy Crap!! Did they just print a photo of Han's ESB blaster?!
That looks like the Han ESB, but the side we never see. Way different scope mount piece than Luke's or the MR version of Han's. I can't believe they just sit on stuff like this. They need someone in there that KNOWS where these props were used.

Barry - Were the LFL archive people holding out on you guys?

Is this magazine on newstands now?
I need to pick this up.

Can you post a high res of that Han blaster?

I posted a link on the RPF to scans of the full article on my blog yesterday - I guess no one noticed... :lol

LINK

It's a cool article - I would definitely recommend picking it up. It's a "double issue", so it should be on the stands for another week or more... :thumbsup

Jason

Holy Crap!! Did they just print a photo of Han's ESB blaster?!
That looks like the Han ESB, but the side we never see. Way different scope mount piece than Luke's or the MR version of Han's. I can't believe they just sit on stuff like this. They need someone in there that KNOWS where these props were used.

Barry - Were the LFL archive people holding out on you guys?

Is this magazine on newstands now?
I need to pick this up.

Can you post a high res of that Han blaster?

Were the grips black on Han's ESB?

From this picture it looks liek the grips were definately painted, which means that they were painted black some time after the Norway shoot.

Dan

or it could mean that it is a fan made Han pistol and not the original

That Han Solo blaster is definately the original Han ESB blaster. You can specifically tell by the flash hider. It matches the flash supressor shown in the famous Hoth pic in every detail.

Now this doesn't mean that there were not modifications made to the blaster later in the shoot, and the painted grips look to be one modification made later on. But I feel quite confident in saying that this is definately a 100% original ESB prop and not a fan made replica.

Dan Stokes
DDStokes@aol.com

I'm positive that blaster is real. I recognized it immediately from the suppressor and I know the ESB blasters VERY well. I also helped MR with theirs and I know they pretty much had to guess on the right side of Han's because there was no good reference until now.
Also those are clearly new photos from the archives and the captions are quotes from an LFL archivist that I know.

The Luke sabers are the "ranch" and ROTJ "hero" we all know very well.

Well it seems that, according to the experts here, that Han blaster is an original...What I want to know is, why would Lucasfilm give EW a good pic of the oposite side of the gun, but yet let MR struggle to figure out these details.

??

DS

What about the Indy idol? Since I've been a memeber here, I've always heard that the turned down mouth was not accurate at all. Plus, the idol in that shot looks awfully bright and shiny. Could it be a repro thats made its way into the archives?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back