My New SCREEN-USED Star Trek TNG Props!!!

Mr. Nagata

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, so one of them isn't "new" (I got it several months ago). But the other I just picked up today. It's Picard's desktop monitor!!! Not only has no one ever done an accurate replica of this piece, but I've only seen two other surviving props, one of which was converted to an alien monitor is a later series. So it's EXTREMELY rare for such a recognizable prop and I'm really jazzed that I got it. I'm 99% sure it's the one Neanderthal Riker throws in the episode "Genesis," which makes it definitively one of Picard's monitors (another cool bonus). I added a pic my screen-used Nemesis Hero Tricorder just to really rub in Matt Munson's face.
props1.jpg

props2.jpg

props3.jpg

props4.jpg

Momma says it's wrong to hate another man, but BOY do you make it tough!!!!

Great catch! I saw that in ebay when it was running, and hoped it would find a good home.

too bad it ended up in yours.:p

Awesome!!! I LOVE that Nemesis Tricorder!! I'd love to have a more accurate one in my collection.

Jhusel

Ahh, the beauty of film.....one would think that the white details would be nice, clean, painted enamel lines but in reality, it's white tape.

Very nice piece!

Yeah, it's the one from Genesis. It was broken in two and then repaired later. I can still see the seamlines when it broke and it matches that episode perfectly. I think Riker also falls on it after Data stuns him, so that's another reason it's all beat up.

It's cast in rigid urethane foam, but the outer shell is a harder, resin-like material. So the detail is really solid and sharp, but the inside is lightweight. As far as I know, it's the only "stunt" version of the monitor they ever made (unless there's another episode where someone throws a monitor that I'm not thinking of). The others were made of fiberglass.

The pinstriping is done with white paper tape. It was used all the time on Trek props. It doesn't shine like vinyl, and it peels off a lot easier than gaffer's tape.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back