Super Mario Bros. meteorite necklace

Well since I guess this has become the official SMB thread here, I thought I'd post my latest acquisitions from the film...

Mario's Tool Set!
MarioTools4.jpg

Apparently, right as filming began, Bob Hoskins was fitted with a complete set of real tools to carry throughout the film, however they were very heavy to lug around the whole time (throughout the entire film actually) so he requested a lighter set be made. These tools were cast out of resin from the metal tools and these were the ones he ended up carrying instead. And understandably so...these tools are one half to 3/4 lighter than real metal and wood tools.

i liked this movie a lot when I was a kid, it wasn't perfect but it was and still is a fun movie to watch.

Not screen used, but then again, we made a few of them for the show. Got this on the day we wrapped as it was headed for the dumpster.

nothing substantial. Just an unused blueprint for a combo chainsaw/ guitar and some of the subway grafitti signs. Probably could post those over in the paper props section if I can find 'em.

I was able to obtain a screen used police helmet and shoulder patch. I'll post some pics later.

Well since I guess this has become the official SMB thread here, I thought I'd post my latest acquisitions from the film...

Mario's Tool Set!
MarioTools4.jpg

Apparently, right as filming began, Bob Hoskins was fitted with a complete set of real tools to carry throughout the film, however they were very heavy to lug around the whole time (throughout the entire film actually) so he requested a lighter set be made. These tools were cast out of resin from the metal tools and these were the ones he ended up carrying instead. And understandably so...these tools are one half to 3/4 lighter than real metal and wood tools.

Awesome! This actually is going to help my husband and I for a con in March. He wasn't looking forward to carrying around heavy tools either for his Luigi. Thanks!

The movie really is a lot of fun even though it's a loose translation of the games. I've always loved the art direction and all of the prop designs.

I think people are starting to see the film a bit differently now and it has developed quite a following in recent years.

the film has definatly moved into cult status with alot of people i know. Shame that the cast hate the fact that they were ever a part of it at the time.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back