Flame Effect for Ghost Rider Costume??

My idea has always been to use the same effect they use on those small halloween "torches" with the fake flame —*or, for those who know Branson, Missouri and Silver Dollar City, the effect they have used in "Fire in the Hole" since the early 1970s.

Basically get one of those small "neck fans" from Sharper Image or the like, hide it under your jacket, and have it blowing "up" onto your head. Then attach a bunch of pieces of very thin colored fabric (like cheese cloth or something) to the mask around the neck and back top of the head.

Turn on the fan... and voila! Flamin' head!

(yeah... this was pretty much / sort of said already... but there ya go)

Hobby Lobby has some crystal clear high temp glue sticks, you could probably pour the melted glue into a mold filled with the lights. It would be super heavy though.

You could always go for the undead troll doll biker look with a wig and hairspray.
IMG_2836Large.jpg

I'm Mr. Heat Mizer, I'm Mr. Sun!

here is a few pics of my GR costume the flames are cut out from sheets of craft foam
33773_1501038773833_1470090230_31361187_5708732_n.jpg

33733_1496486300024_1470090230_31353983_3376114_n.jpg

75599_1535298950316_1470090230_31424913_6812572_n.jpg

i am still working on modding it for a future comic con, ive added more flames to the top, ive gotten better gloves Darth Vader Gloves and added spikes, the mask i use is latex/rubber material and it get very sweaty so i have installed a few tiny pc fans to keep me cool heres all my progression pics
Ghost Rider | Facebook

Ive always thought that if you take the flames that Allen (loganallenwolf) used on his Human Torch costume (the Johnny Storm wig) ... mold them individually....cast in resin (with cool orange and red and yellow tints swirled in)...then put blinking leds inside...

that the effect would be amazing. good luck on this!!

I had a friend who went out for halloween once just in a black suit. But he wore black gloves, sprayed them with this fire resistant stuff, and lit them on fire. I'm not sure if this would be safe for your head, but he always had a bucket of water with him in case it got out of control.

Just throwing in a random idea ...

What about those fan blown fake braziers that were a deco hype some years ago. You'd need some very light fabric, some kind of fan and lights and hide it under the jacket collar.

I've wondered about this before. I was thinking strips of tissue paper blown by small fans hidden somehow in the leather jacket. I got the idea from a fake fireplace a friend picked up at a garage sale.

This is a total shot in the dark here, but I know action figure customizers use hot glue for the flames. The randomness of the hotglue works well as a flame. I know this is a much larger scale, but if there was a solid, translucent support for the hot glue it COULD work. Nothing else at the moment comes to mind

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back