Star Trek Costuming thread, suggestions and Show Off

IndyFanChuck

Sr Member
Hey gang,

I am a MASSIVE Star Trek fan and my wife and I were married at the Las Vegas Star Trek Experience a few years ago. Our wedding took place on the bridge of the USS Enterprise D and we had a Borg present!!!! LOL It was SO much fun and we could not have been happier!

I was thinking of maybe going as a hobbit for Halloween but my wife laughed and said I was only ALLOWED to be something from Star Trek. haha So, I thought I would ask everyone to show off your Star Trek costumes. I am probably going to costume something from the Next Generation era tv show or movies. Suggestions are more than welcome, and I would LOVE and appreciate to see all your costumes and props.

Thanks again for having me. This place is a blast! Costumes, models, props, replica, and Star Trek fans getting along peacefully with Star Wars fans! I LOVE THIS PLACE! :lol

---Chuck

Star_Trek_Commander_Kiersten.jpg
[/IMG]

Wedding23.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
I'm a big Trek fan myself, too. Welcome to the board. I haven't had time to photograph a lot of my stuff, but here's some images of a TWOK I built as an experiment

DSC02615.jpg

DSC02621.jpg

DSC02633.jpg

You should check out the Starfleet 1701st costuming board which can be found at this link. http://p075.ezboard.com/bstarfleet1701st There's a whole lot of discussion on all manner of uniforms over there.

-John

Wow, that is a SWEET costume! I would love to have one of those. And THANKS for the link. I will check out that forum ASAP!

God Bless!

A fine jacket.

Has anyone made any progress on the material (and pattern) used in the MACO uniforms? There was a discussion going on at ASAP, but no souurce was ever found that I saw.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. Chuck, that wedding looks like it must've been a blast. As for the costume ideas, are you set on going as starfleet or are you considering going as something else from TNG and the TNG era movies?

As far as the MACO fabric, the last thing I heard, but sadly forget where, and from what I can see of the photos in the It's a Wrap Auctions is that it's likely a cotton twill, maybe wool gab, with paint literally splattered on it.

-John

Thanks for the compliments! Yeah, I talked to my wife and she wants me to go as a Commander in my Wedding Costume.

But, I will need to get a Dolphin Hand Phaser (Star Trek TNG movies) replica for my costume. I can NOT afford the Master Replica version.

Anyone have any suggestions on a Replica Dolphin Hand Phaser for my Star Trek TNG movie phaser? I have been asking around on different forums with no luck so far.

Thanks!!!!!!!

John,

Thanks for the link buddy! That is where I got my Captians Pips for my wedding. They have some GREAT new stuff since I have visited their webpage.

My only concern is the prices. Even the kits are REALLY expensive. Probably in the long run they are not too bad, but it's expensive when youre broke! LOL

Thanks for the link though. Hopefully someone will have some cheaper Dolphin Phasers out there. Or maybe i can borrow a Master Replicas from someone for our Halloween party.

Well your best bet is gonna be the store at http://www.roddenberry.com/?action=shop.welcome&cid=11502
those are from the same molds used for the production, so it's hard to get more accurate, but they are in kit form.

-John

Wait... which phaser are you looking for. The MR one was the boomerang phaser from First Contact (as well as DS9, Voyager, Insurrection) the dolphin phaser is the one from Nemesis.

For a boomerang phaser you can just get a Playmates phaser and modify it, or find a resin kit.

The boomerang would probably be the easier route to go. You can still pick up quite a few Playmates on Ebay.

If you really want a dophin (I can't imagine why. Personally I never liked the design of the Nemesis props, but to each their own) they do seem to be getting fewer and fewer. All I can do is suggest Ebay and the Junkyard and wish you good luck.

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it. I am looking for any TNG Dolphin style phaser for my Halloween costume.

I would rather spend big bucks on one of the REAL screen used props. LOL I dont wanna spend a ton on something for my Halloween costume. Ya know. haha

God Bless!

Wait... which phaser are you looking for. The MR one was the boomerang phaser from First Contact (as well as DS9, Voyager, Insurrection) the dolphin phaser is the one from Nemesis.

For a boomerang phaser you can just get a Playmates phaser and modify it, or find a resin kit.

The boomerang would probably be the easier route to go. You can still pick up quite a few Playmates on Ebay.

If you really want a dophin (I can't imagine why. Personally I never liked the design of the Nemesis props, but to each their own) they do seem to be getting fewer and fewer. All I can do is suggest Ebay and the Junkyard and wish you good luck.

Before I go assuming, does anyone know the official stand on what this material is ? I have heard everything from twill, gabradine, etc. Doc, do you have closeups ? I wouldn't mind taking a look for this fabric in downtown LA if we knew what it was-

Also, I think it was dyed.

I think I found a place that has the TWOK uniform material but its 55 dollars a yard (friggin rip off !)..its like what you guys said..twill.

Last edited:
The fabric for almost all of the TWOK uniforms made for production was an extremely heavy weight wool elastique, probably between 22 oz and 26 oz. It has very thick wales and, yep, it was all custom dyed.

-John

Good stuff, any chance they might let you take a small swatch to scan? 55 a yard does sound expensive, but it's the unfortunate reality of pricing for wool of that weight. Just like everything else in this wonderful hobby.(where's the emoticon for "Aww shucks")

-John

Edit: What color is it by the way?

That's definitely the goal. Out here in California, we have a couple of dyeing houses that do stuff for the movies (also a bit expensive!). The only issue is, I have to have a guide, the correct red.

I wouldn't even know where to begin, but I guess identifying the correct material is a good first step.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back