Alien Power Loader

bothanspy

Sr Member
While I am waiting for the 1/6 Hot Toys Power loader from Aliens, I've acquired a 1/12 Die-cast model from Aoshima of Japan. Here's some pics and a quick review of the item.

It's pretty heavy due to the die-cast legs, so the model is pretty stable. Ripely is very articulated, and can pose with the Power loader in all positions as seen in the movie. The likeness of Ripley is not some desirable. Articulation on this model is pretty amazing. About 20 points of articulation. The arms are not die-cast, which was a bit disappointing. More disappointing is all the piston are plastic (which became the weak point of the models), which means it cannot take rough handling. Otherwise, I am pretty happy with it.

Last edited:
Get yourself the old Tsukuda prepainted queen or the Aoshima re-release of the DIY kit and you'd have yourself a nice little PL vs. Queen diorama!

I seem to remember someone offering a humongous 20+ inch tall (1/4 scale?) Power Loader sometime ago, but never saw how that project unfolded...

Anyone have the link to that thread?

Where can I get one? ;)

Well, you can try looking around model places like Amok Time, MiM, Sassy's Satelite, but your best bet is good old eBay. The prepainted kit is hard to come by, and I'm not sure Aoshima still sells the repop kit. If you do find the Aoshima kit, it's not a recast, they re-released it under license (just so you know).

Saberfreak, there was indeed news of a resin kit being released from Forbidden Zone models, although I can't remember the scale. It was supposed to be released a long time ago, and several casts were sold at the last Wonderfest. Since then, there's been nothing but delays. I think they are missing the boat personally.
http://www.forbidden-zone.biz/loaderprogress.htm

pl-wf2.jpg

Thanks for the info, and the link, dropshipbob :):thumbsup

Bothanspy, Looking forward to seeing pics of your 1/6 Hot Toys Power loader :)

Saberfreak, there was indeed news of a resin kit being released from Forbidden Zone models, although I can't remember the scale. It was supposed to be released a long time ago, and several casts were sold at the last Wonderfest. Since then, there's been nothing but delays. I think they are missing the boat personally.

I'll see those guys tomorrow and get the skinny! It's 1/8 scale. I believe it will be out before Christmas.

Here are some pics of the sculpt

FB

http://www.forbidden-zone.biz/loaderprogress.htm

I'm guessing it is delays due to the castor up and leaving the casting business. I used the same guy. Now I'm struggling to keep up with my kits.

dang- I was hoping this was your halloween costume.

It would be funt to dress up as a marine and walk around in a foam Loader...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back