Blade Runner Gun question.

AnsonJames

Sr Member
Hi all,

I'm in the process of building and finishing a Sidkit Blade Runner gun and there's one thing I'm completely unsure of.
Is the area (including the Bulldog frame) under the amber grips all black or is it just the visible area of the handle frame?
I've got a million photos but I can't tell...

Cheers -

Anson

Ive seen them black, and it darkens the grip a lot, i prefer the all silver look, and its what i saw when painting mine, so i went with that from pics id looked at Anson!
Man i want a SID lol.

lee

In all the pics that I have from PhasePistol and the Worldcon Hero gun, it shows the Grip frames being much darker than the Bulldog frame. The Bulldog is blued somewhat too, so I am pretty sure the grip frames (both of them) are painted gloss black as you see on the uncovered part of the outside frame. Another clue is that the view from the top of the grip frame only shows it gloss black. You can also see the screws and some scratches in the paint showing through the amber grips.

I also personally prefer the darker frame behind the grips, because it make the amber a deeper color and more 'Noir' ;)

Last edited:
Siderio seems to be selling off the last of his stock on Ebay pretty cheap with a low buy it now price. You have to look at the newly listed stuff to find them though, because they sell pretty fast. Both he and Rich Coyle are coming out with new metal versions of the Worldcon Hero. I am hoping to do a review section on all of the available guns on propsummit soon.

Problem i have Andy is the fact the ban is looming and i may not beat it in time ordering from Italy!
I will try to get one in the meantime though, be nice to see your rundown of the props though!
Anson, sorry for the deviation sir!

lee

Problem i have Andy is the fact the ban is looming and i may not beat it in time ordering from Italy!
I will try to get one in the meantime though, be nice to see your rundown of the props though!
Anson, sorry for the deviation sir!

lee

Thanks guys I think I'll go with the black - noir is good!

Lee, you have to get one of these guns - they're going for $230 which is a total steal for what they are, they're bloody well cast and super heavy!

Sidero is going to be making an accurate Worldcon blaster kit so it may be worth waiting to get that one instead...

It appears to me anyway, that the grip frame is bare metal up top, and black below that zigzag line (which is why the grips look so dark rootbeer colored I guess - the frame is black behind them).

wc06gripframepaintkl5.jpg

And of course don't miss those bare metal areas at the bottom of the strap on the front and back.

wc06strapbackti1.jpg

wc06strapfrontib6.jpg

- k

I Never noticed the number 608 on the frame before...

Thanks Karl and cheers for bringing us as those wonderful images.
There's a lot of people out there that would have kept those pictures to
themselves.

Not you.

:cheers

wc06gripframepaintkl5.jpg

The bare metal "zig zag" is part of the Bulldog's main frame. There is a smaller Bull dog grip frame inside of the outer frame which is what the "straps" in the front and back are. The Coyle, Sidkit, Offworld and Hartfords all share the double grip frame. Hartford used a different pistol base though.

I agree with Noeland, It is hard to stop at just one of these.

Ralphee, I am hoping that down the road there will be holes found in the ban to allow you guys(and gals) to get your props.

Thank you again phase pistol, I didn't want to post any of your pictures here without your permission, so I am pretty grateful you found the thread and did it yourself.

Andy

Last edited:
AH HA!!!

(no real reply here, just thought it would be nice to bump this thread with the awesome picture, that's all)

:)

Supposedly the big 5 disc DVD box will have tons of "alternate takes" and whatnot on it... I can't wait to see if there is more gun footage. :)

- k

Supposedly the big 5 disc DVD box will have tons of "alternate takes" and whatnot on it... I can't wait to see if there is more gun footage. :)

- k

I am sure all the buyers of the "end all be all" versions of the gun might not be so happy, but I will probably need extra absorbancy, I will be so thrilled. :D

BTW, there is also going to be an 'Art of Blade Runner' section on the discs. I wonder if it too will contain some new prop pics, or just will be the sketchbook material and Syd Mead's preproduction paintings?

I'm not expecting any new blaster related footage. I've heard that there was a "reload" scene filmed, but via email had asked Charles DeLauzarika (a few years ago mind you) if he'd seen one in the reels and reels of unused footage and he said no, that to his knowledge one was never filmed. I also asked him if Ridley had the hero blaster hidden away someplace, and he also said no, and that proved to be the truth.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back