Endor Rebel Soldier - Costume Tutorial - Now LIVE!

StudioCreations

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After years of procrastinating (and I mean years), I finally got around to compiling all my notes and screen captures, and created the ENDOR REBEL SOLDIER costume tutorial.

Check it out when you can...

http://www.studiocreations.com/howto/endor...dier/index.html

The tutorial is still a work in progress. As I finish each item over the course of this month, February 2006, I will upload the tips and techniques into the appropriate section. Right now the tutorial mainly consists of research information and blueprints.

Feedback from all you anal-retentive researchers is highly welcome. Good feedback will result in free parts as I make them. I know what good research is worth. :)

One of these days I'll have to make a donut for mine. My AN-H-15 is still sitting in a box.
I don't think Richie's came out very accurate.

Nice work on the pages.
FYI - The 4 cylinder piece inbetween the two halves of the backpack is part #10 or #11 (cap, cylinder walls - right or left) from the Revell V-8 Visible Engine model. Also part #20 of the engine is the rectangular piece on top of the pack marked as "G" in your pics.
The info is on the PoSW V-8 page, but I never added it to the character pages.

PS - The AN-H-15 helmet info (manufacturer/size etc.) actually came directly from the inside of a screen used helmet. Once I got that info I found myself one to match (one pictured on PoSW). There are a few other manufacturers of the same helmet, but I suspect most came from the same batch when they picked them out at the army surplus store.

PPS - I know how the years of procrastinating a website update can go ;)

Chris,

Oooo, thanks a ton for those tips on the V-8 engine parts. Did not know about that page at all on your site. I thought the V-8 links went to a parts found page, not a listing of all the costumes that have the V-8 parts on them. HA.

I will update the AN-H-15 info immediately. Did not know that was the actual info from a screen used helmet. Sweet.

Also, rumor has it that the Helmet Donut was two vaccumfomed plastic halves glued together, and the seam line went from front to back. Do you know if this rumor is true?

Nice Job.
A lot of good pix I could have used the first time around, but since I intend to redo the whole thing again they'll be handy.

I never noticed the string on the bottom of the jacket.
Makes sense and would work better than the velcro I used.

I had a jacket that was an near exact match back in the early 80's but in blue.
Accept it had a zipper.

BTW the vest greeblie is only on the left sholder of one or two of the vests.
Most of them have it on the right shoulder.
Some of them have the same greeblie that is on the chest while others have something else that seems to have a round object on it.

Good front shots can be found on the Making of Myth CD.

On the hooded jacket there are bracers over the cuffs explaning the
(D. Not sure what we were highlighting here.)
Your seeing the edge of it.
I had a hunch that was what it was, than after the DVD came out Arkos posted some caps showing one open and in one case missing during the fighting.

Both the vest and jacket have pockets.

Nice to see you included the bomb case. :)

It appears that no two commandos have the same pouchs.
I managed to find the ones from the MoM display
One of them is the same small pouch that is used by a few of the Desert Troopers.

Edit.
Forgot to mention that there is an Italian back pack that has the 2 large pockets.
It's not 100% accurate but is good for a close enough until the correct one can be found.
/Edit

D6
aka Rogue 9

D6/R9,

Awsome. Thanks a ton for the feedback.

Yeah the string at the bottom of the jacket eluded me too, it was the DVD screencaps that allowed me to identify it. Up till then the VHS screencaps were too lowres to really identify the thin strings. Even Mookie back in the day never mentioned a drawstring. THANK GOD FOR THE DVD....

The Bomb/Charge Case. Yeah I actually created and posted the blueprint to that last night. It was just begging to be created. I think it isaccurate, but really not 100% sure. It might still be 15% too big. Only by making one and posting images for a second pair of eyes to comment on will be the true qualifier.

I hope to have my Hardshell Donut finished next week. I'll post images and let you guys tear into it. I do hope it's accurate enough. Having you guys give feedback just enhances the project that much more.

Looking forward to seeing it.

The donut I have is from a friend in LA.
One of my other friends was making a new mold but got side tracked.
Eventually (hopefully soon) I will finish the assembly of my vac former so I can finish off the mold and produce some as well as the box pack.

My current pack uses sheets of 2" wall insulation foam as a base.

I've been tyring to find a match for that case for years now and was intent on making a tool for that as well.
Nice catch on the clips holding it closed.

The bottom has a lot of detail on it as well.
heres all the pix I have of it.
RebelTDCase.jpg

D6

So this is what you've been up to :)
Brilliant work Jeff. That site grows more impressive every time I drop by.
Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever return to those snowtrooper greeblies ;)
Cheers,
Pontus

Great piece of work there.

Looks like me (right) and my daughter (Leia obviously) did ok after all :D

your tutorial would have helped save a heck of a lot of research :lol

Very cool. If someone could provide me with some accurate measurements on the helmet 'donut' I could make a mold, and vac form us some.

Originally posted by division 6@Feb 12 2006, 03:33 PM
I've been tyring to find a match for that case for years now and was intent on making a tool for that as well.
Nice catch on the clips holding it closed.

The bottom has a lot of detail on it as well.
heres all the pix I have of it.
RebelTDCase.jpg

[snapback]1182391[/snapback]​

D6,

You get one of the first vacuumformed boxes off the table when I vacuumform it. Those are awesome reference shots. Those details strips from the bottom eluded my research. HAR.

I'll probably work on the Demolition Charge Box late next week.

Lonepigeaon gets first dibs on a helmet donut when I finish the donut molds too. (yet I am sure my poor craftsmean skills will not be up to his level of anal retentiveness)

Originally posted by dacrates@Feb 13 2006, 08:18 PM
Great piece of work there.

Looks like me (right) and my daughter (Leia obviously) did ok after all  :D

You guys did an awesome job on your costumes. Yours and Rougue9's stuff are at the top of the stack in my "Other Costume Attempts" folder.

-Jeff

Originally posted by StudioCreations@Feb 14 2006, 09:56 AM
D6,

You get one of the first vacuumformed boxes off the table when I vacuumform it.  Those are awesome reference shots.  Those details strips from the bottom eluded my research.  HAR.

I'll probably work on the Demolition Charge Box late next week.

Lonepigeaon gets first dibs on a helmet donut when I finish the donut molds too.  (yet I am sure my poor craftsmean skills will not be up to his level of anal retentiveness)
[snapback]1184137[/snapback]​

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

You guys did an awesome job on your costumes. Yours and Rougue9's stuff are at the top of the stack in my "Other Costume Attempts" folder.

:D
I will be re-doing mine with all the new info that has been gathered since my first attempt and will be passing what I did along.
I just have to remember to take more pictures. :lol

D6

I know I printed off a tutorial for the soft helmet from somewhere online before. I'll try to find it.

David

Actually , I have a beat up Xlarge An-h-15 helemt being shipped to me as I type. I am going to seam rip the sucker then post the patterns to the tutorial. I'll do an Xlarge version and medium sized version in the same pattern (for me and my girlfriend).

I'll be recasting the 60-year-old rubber ear cups from that helmet as well. Probably just vacuumform some .060 black ABS to make replica ear cups. I can buy the inner Chamoise ear pads for $25 at a number of online army-surplus stores.

Thanks for thinking about the project. It's support like this that keeps me going.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back