1/350 K'Tinga

Update.

k_350_073.jpg

k_350_074.jpg

k_350_075.jpg

I don't know where else to post this so I figured here would be good as someone recently asked me how I made the original body the first time I started this build out of heat formed acrylic.

I made a wood form the shape I wanted, then cut the acrylic out flat, accounting for the added length when it's curved, then used a heat gun to slowly bend the acrylic over the shape.

kp07.jpg

kp09.jpg

kp10.jpg

I also did the same thing with the pylons on the Ent D.

D_024.jpg

D_025.jpg

Last edited:
It is great to see the beginnings of this project and some of your techniques. I tried utilizing CD jewel cases one time to see if I could fabricate some shapes, but without the heat, they just snapped into pieces...heh.

Thanks for sharing.

I thought I would post a picture of the detail the fiberglass is able to reproduce, since some people had concerns about that.
k_350_081.jpg

Gawd, that is looking really primo! :thumbsup

(oh- sorry about the last few of my posts- I was drinkin' away a toothache the other night. :$)

-Sarge

It's finally finished, I have about 80% of it molded and I'll finish the rest over the next few days. First castings will be ready by the end of the week, the price has been lowered to $450 from $475, which includes shipping in the US. Those that upgraded from BOP's that paid $475 will get a $25 refund.

Orders for this will be handled by someone else, I'll give out his info in the next few days. The reason for this is I don't want to get behind, and I have a tendency to take more orders than I can timely handle so this person will make sure not to take payments until I have one ready to ship out.

Thanks

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back