1/350 K'Tinga

Hi Richard, when do you think you'll have your "Ultimate K'tinga" ready for sale? I've got a video camera all set and ready to go! :wacko
Seriously, are you going to make it out of fibre glass or a combanation of resin and fibre glass?
George:cool

Thanks. All the parts that need to be lit will be cast in clear fiberglass, all the other bits and bops will be resin. Oh and I just invested in a vac/pressure casting system, so no more bubbles.

I'm starting to work on the rest of the bridge platform.

k_350_037.jpg

k_350_038.jpg

k_350_039.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. All the parts that need to be lit will be cast in clear fiberglass, all the other bits and bops will be resin. Oh and I just invested in a vac/pressure casting system, so no more bubbles.

A good investment no doubt - the Botany Bay is an awesome little kit but the many bubbles just under the surface of the resin made it a lot more challenging to get good model - but I probably appreciate it more since it was a lot harder ;) Its still a great little model though - not complaining but lack of bubbles in the future is something to REALLY look forward to :love

I'm looking forward to see this Ktinga finished... It looks awesome already!

Jedi Dade

Hi Richard

That is some fine workmanship. Best looking K’Tinga I have seen to date.
I love the Botany Bay I obtained from you.
I’m now dedicating myself to obtaining your kits until I run out of display room.

Al

Thanks.

I'm doing more detailing on the neck, I had to scratchbuild the part from the MPC Darth Vader TIE in 1/2 scale.

k_350_042.jpg

Its so funny how they use commercial kits. As I'm sure a lot of you know, the engine vent/grate on the commercial kit for this very subject (Klingon Battle Cruiser) is used in a medical tool prop in Star Trek IV!

Yes, I had to scratchbuild that one too, I want to thank Charles Adams for providing me with pics of the studio model with kit part labels.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back