The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pics pg.8)

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo replica

I found out that the over all length is just at 13 inches.

Email coming shortly!

Pat

Oh and it seems the blade may be 6 sided. The pommel definately has 2 figures on it .

Pat

Cheers Pat - I sent you a message.

There are two corpus figures on my replica (one either side of the handle).

I'm most interested to find out more about the 6 sided blade theory - all of the reference I have studied seems to indicate a triangular, 3 sided blade (a stiletto blade, traditionally used in stabbing weapons). IF we can conclusively prove the 6 sided blade, I will have to alter my specifications given to the engineering works for the production of the blades - as swiftly as possible.

Al

I found out that the over all length is just at 13 inches.

Email coming shortly!

Pat

Just to add that my dagger measures - 13"! :thumbsup

Here's another quick WIP image of the dagger. Almost every part has been resculpted since the last shots, including the pommel, the handguard connector, the dome and base. The dagger has been drastically slimmed down, too. It doesn't have the metal detailing to the pommel, nor the corpus hands yet, also the blade is of course temporary until the steel blades are ready:

002sr8.jpg

Al

Last edited:

Cheers Pat - I sent you a message.

There are two corpus figures on my replica (one either side of the handle).

I'm most interested to find out more about the 6 sided blade theory - all of the reference I have studied seems to indicate a triangular, 3 sided blade (a stiletto blade, traditionally used in stabbing weapons). IF we can conclusively prove the 6 sided blade, I will have to alter my specifications given to the engineering works for the production of the blades - as swiftly as possible.

Al

Personally I think it's 3 sided from what i can tell of the pics. It also works well since lots of classic witch torture gear was filled with stiletto type blades.

Not related I remember 30 years ago some info about how a stiletto puncture was very difficult to treat due to the blade shape.

Tek

I have a feeling you are gonna be able to get spot on with the new pics. As soon as I find out a definate about the blade I will let you know!:)

Pat

Thanks. :)

Here's something interesting about the blades. I believe by the time of 'Final Conflict' triangular blades were used:

finalc2copy167ip4.jpg

However - the ORIGINAL 'The Omen' daggers may be slightly different, based upon some great research by Pat. Just awaiting confirmation on that.

The daggers used in the original film were not kept and reused in the sequels - perhaps the same molds were used for the handles, or an original kept and remolded, but there are differences.

Al

Got confirmation this morning, there were 6 sides on the original daggers.

Also, looking at the pic above, I think those may be different handles. Check out how you can see both arms fully. On the original. his left arm, is sunken into the pommel a bit. On the ones above you can see the full arm.

Pat

Roger Roger - many thanks for your input into this Pat, it's really appreciated. :thumbsup

Al

Just a small update:

I had just about finished the resculpt of the handle when, after studious comparison with all my reference pics, I decided the only way to accurise the thing further was to build a brand new pommel, handle and sculpt a new corpus, with all the good information I have to hand...so I stayed up 'till the early hours of this morning making a start on that. You might say, I am a little obsessed with the daggers now and even more determined to get these SPOT ON, or as damn near as.

The new pommel section is already built and it is somewhat smaller than my original (and smaller than my version 2) with a long oval shape. Looks much better already.

More pics as I progress with this (hopefully final) V3 sculpt.

Al

Great going on getting this info on the blades. Still with all the people here nothing on what happened to the movie props?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back