The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pics pg.8)

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo replica

Thanks. :)

Sure, all feedback much appreciated.

BTW - I've decided to put the proto on eBay to fund my continued work on this piece.

Last edited:

I've heard of the hammer of the gods but not the ice pick.Put it in the devine toolbox.By the way Nicely done:cheers:thumbsup

BRAVO!

Just a note...
Did someone sell sets of these a few years back on ebay?

Please keep us posted, costs etc.

If you could for those of us (like me) that have no talent
pricing on these raw and completed.

Great JoB!
Tom:thumbsup

Thanks Tom.

Yeah, someone else I was chatting to about the project mentioned another replica from some time back, but I've never seen any pictures of it despite trawling through the interet for countless hours studying this prop. Southreplicas told me he made one several years ago for a friend, and another member over at TPZ mentioned that he had made his own replica, back in the day.

Anyway, the next step for me is to get one of these produced in pewter and see how it turns out. I'll be sure to keep the thread updated with developments, pricing and so on.

Cheers!

Al

I am sooo in for a set!

I remember the ones on ebaY. The pics looked really nice and they seemed really close. I had images that I took from the auction, but can't seem to find them. Whoever it was sold them singly and a set.
I emailed him a few times, but I am not sure if he ever sold them. He never seemed to have sales and could never send pics of the actual ones. I think the pics he was showing were the prototypes.

Like I said, Keep me in mind. I want them!

Pat

Thanks for all the interest guys!

Since posting the prototype, some new reference has now come to light and I will be going back and modifying the master dagger before molding and casting these again. Should have the new version ready to show in a couple of weeks.

I will be able to offer these as a single dagger, plus the full set of 7 with some extra goodies.

No idea of price at this point - I will have to figure that out once I have a final materials cost and a time cost for me to make per dagger/set.

New pics and details coming ASAP. :thumbsup

Al

I might be in for a set (the wife's been acting rather 'strange' recently)! :confused

Seriously, great work. :cool:thumbsup

Thanks bro.

Alright, I've started work on the resculpt of the master. No time like the present, eh?:lol

Here's a WIP pic of the resculpt underway:

daggermark2hu9.jpg

Based on the new reference I have available to me, I have had to streamline the design and remove some of the complexity of the detailing, as the original had a slightly more simplified corpus design - almost 'Art Nouveau' really. Wish I had the same reference available at the beginning of the process as it would have saved me a lot of effort, but it's all a learning curve...so it's all good.:thumbsup

More pics coming later...I'm off for some roast beef, yorkshire pudding and a few cans of ale.

Al

Last edited:

looks great, my brother was just asking me if anyone replicated this, now I can give him a new answer... Well done :thumbsup

Some radical surgery to further 'accurise' the replica.

I realised that it was fractionally to wide sideways on and the pommel section was a little to circular. So...I removed the metal detailing around the ring of the pommel and cut the master in half horizontally, sanded each section down.

002fe3.jpg

I've now rejoined both sides and I think it looks MUCH better, proportonally, a lot closer to the screen used prop.

Now to go back and add the detailing to the pommel, resculpt the hands etc.

More progress pics to come.

Al

Another small update:

The blades for these will now be professionally produced in machined alloy steel.

This, together with the resculpted handle, should blow my prototype dagger out of the water in terms of quality and accuracy.

The downside is, the higher cost to produce each dagger...

Whilst I await the blades from the engineering works, I will finish reworking the handle and remold it. I'm also about to start work on the leather wrap which hold the full set of 7 knives.

Al

Can't wait to see the update!

It sounds like you have addressed the differences already, that I saw. Mostly the size of handle.

The only other thing I noticed was the top "dome" was taller and thinner than your sculpt.

Pat

I have a new PM coming to you shortly. I am not sure what new pics you have, but I just got an interesting email, and will let you know about it!;)

Pat

Thanks Pat - yup, I've now corrected the dome difference too.

Got your message mate and replied. :thumbsup

Al

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back