The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pics pg.8)

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pic pg. 5)

Just imagine the original with worse acting, direction, music and props and that's pretty much it. ;)

That's not good!:lol

Can't wait to see the updated pics. So any word on the new blade guy?

Pat

I will be chasing up the new blade maker tomorrow and hopefully giving them the green light to go into production.

Another small development - try as I might, I couldn't get the IRNI text as perfect as I liked, so have outsourced this part of the sculpt to a professional laser engraver. This process will be finished on Thursday.

In terms of materials, I have everything to hand now to produce the final daggers - as soon as the reworked details to the hilt are ready and the blades are in hand, these will be good to go.

In the meantime, I will continue with the leatherwork for the dagger wraps.

Cheers,

Al

Great!

I think it is really cool that you have tweaked this until it is right, Gotta be a labour of love for you!

Pat

Indeed it is, my friend - when I pulled the first sculpt together several months ago I didn't imagine that I would still be sweating the details so much, all this time later - but I am - and I hope it will all be worth it in the end.

Al

A wee update: I have 9 hilts cast in cold cast bronze so far - a mini-production line of Omen daggers!

I've tried polishing one up with fine grade wire wool and I am pleased with the results.

New pics coming soon. :)

Al

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo

Finally got round to taking some new pics.

Here's the final version, made in cold cast bronze, with one of the aged trinagular steel blades I had specially made:

020lv8.jpg

019ao9.jpg

022vr6.jpg

This particular knife isn't fuly finished in the pics - there is NO PAINT on there at all, it's all just buffed metal and naturally aged steel. However, the final pieces will have a subtle patina/weathering added to the hilt using artists acrylics.

Another thing to mention, these are nicely balanced between the blade and the hilt - each knife is fairly hefty, but really feels like an ancient dagger in your hand. :)

Al

Last edited:
Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pics pg.7)

BTW, it seems even Elvis was an Omen fan - look at this pic I stumbled across:

elvisomensv7.jpg

:lol

I was really hoping to get a set of these for a Christmas present but it looks like they are still not available. Any updates on how much longer these will take?

-Ash

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

Ash -

The dagger sets were all finished and sent around a week or so ago to those who ordered before the deadline - but it was just a small, limited run as these were fairly labour intensive things for me to make.

I'm not planning to do a second run at the moment.

Maybe I will at some point, but to be honest these have occupied so much of my time for the last 6 months that I would really like to work on something new now.

Sorry 'bout that man.

Regards,

Al

Last edited:
:cry Oh CRAP... I must have missed the sign up... Damn it. I was really excited about this project. I can't believe I totally missed it. BEAUTIFUL job by the way. I have a friend who is obsessed with the original Omen series and about 4 years ago he said to me that the ultimate Christmas gift would be a set of these daggers. Any chance you could let me know what the price on the "set" was incase I ever see it pop up some where for re-sale?

-Ash

Last edited:
Yeah, the interest list was posted a couple of months ago - sorry you missed it.

They are pretty hefty - a full set with leather wrap weighs around 7 lbs or so.

As for cost - they weren't cheap as the materials were pricey, especially the fabrication of the hand-forged steel blades. But when you factor in the (many) man hours to sculpt and then finish these things, the molding and materials costs, display extras and so on...actually, it's best not to think about that too much!:confused

Regards,

Al

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back