The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pics pg.8)

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo replica

I'm holding off posting new pics of the handle resculpt until it's ready to show, but it won't be long..

In the meantime, I have received my quotations for the steel blades, materials and so on and arrived at a guide price for these.

After looking at all the options, including financial cosiderations per unit, this is what I have decided to pursue:

The handles will be resin, cast around a high quality,alloy steel triangular blade.

The blades used in Damien:Omen II and The Final Conflict were triangular steel blades. The blades used in The Omen were also predominantly triangular but with each edge slightly flattened down to give 6 blade 'faces' (3 thick, 3 thin) when viewed up close. After much consideration I feel that a triangular blade is the way to go with this, as it most closely represents what is seen on screen for the majority of the original Omen trilogy. Additionally, if someone wanted to customise their dagger/s to exactly match the first movie, it would not be too difficult to file/ grind down the edges of the triangular blade to create the three thin faces on the edges, thus giving the 6-sided blade.

So, the triangular blades will come as standard - however, if someone REALLY wanted the 6 sided blade I am able to arrange this with my engineering works, but an additional cost will be applied per dagger. Please negotiate this with me individually.

30 daggers will be made in total:-

Full set of 7 daggers, with leather wrap / carry case and some other display goodies - PM or email me for price details

Individual dagger, with it's own 'mini' leather wrap - PM or email me for price details

As I am keeping the first set of 7 daggers, there will only be 2 full sets available and 9 individual daggers available.

As I have yet to show the final sculpt pics, I don't expect anyone to commit at this stage, but please indicate your interest now by PMing me or emailing me on ob1al@btinternet.com

Cheers,

Al

Last edited:
Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo - INTEREST LIST page 5

Just a quick update for those of you following the thread.

The resulted handle is 90% ready to mold - just one small part still to do and it's ready.

I have also started work on the leather wrap / carry case and progress with that is coming along nicely.

With respect to those of you who have emailed me and are currently awaiting further information, I have requested a new quote from a different supplier for the steel blades. I am waiting for that before settling on the final costs for this limited run.

Al

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo

Almost forgot, here's a new WIP snap:

002tk6.jpg

Al

Looking great. i like the slimmed down design! Can't wait to see close ups of the hilt. Did you add the text? Oh and I am awaiting the ok to show the screen used caps, so people can see what you have done.

Pat

Been following this on Prop Zone, but thought I'd add my compliments here as well. Awesome work dude.

Thanks man. :thumbsup

OK - here's the first pull from the resulpted hilt. I'ts cold cast aluminium, as that's what I had to hand, but the 'proper' hilts will be cold cast bronze:

015uf6.jpg

After pulling this first test piece and noiticing a few small things I wan't to change, I have already tweaked the master and will be remolding it (yet again) before making the final daggers. Should all be ready in a couple of weeks.

Al

Re: The Omen: Daggers of Megiddo (new pic pg. 5)

That looks great!

So what did you tweak on it? The only differences I see from the original are his left arm and no navel.;) But that could be from the cast.

Pat

Last edited:

Thnaks Pat - the master has a naval, but there was a small flaw in the mold on that side.

The remolded version will be better. :thumbsup

I've adjusted one of the arm positions and corrected a few little things which only became clear once the piece was cast.

Last edited:

One slight error is the engraving should read INRI which, for those that don't know are the initials for "***** of Nazareth King of the Jews" and NOT IRNI unless the original.
Ed-209

IRNI is what's on the originals.

Looking great! However, I think the IRNI text needs a bit of tweaking. The serifs on your Is are too heavy, yet there appears to be no serif on the N or R. Also, the chest is a bit too concave, and the pommel needs more of a ridged appearance.

Last edited:

Yeah, IRNI (rather than INRI) is on the original prop.

As well as adjusting the arm positioning slightly, I have made some adjustments to the text and will lessen the concave effect on the chest slightly - thanks for your input Juno. :thumbsup

Here's a blown up screencap of the daggers from Omen II, for reference:

vlcsnap6278on1.jpg

Maybe so - we know Leo McKern took some from The Omen, I know (producer) Harvey Bernhard owns the set used in Damien: Omen II...no idea where the daggers used in The Final Conflict are, though. The Final Conflict set are the thinnest and less detailed of them all - I wonder if this is a result of an original dagger being recast and/or reworked for the third film?

Whilst mine are primarily intended to replicate the original The Omen daggers, I have certainly been influenced by the sets in Omen II & III when working on the sculpt - so they are a little bit idealised to reflect the daggers used in the whole of the trilogy, truth be told.

What I love about the daggers in the sequels is the sharp, triangular blade design. It just looks cool. :thumbsup

Now, when it comes the the new Omen remake, they blew the design out completely and used this:

20pb0.jpg

Charlatons! Those aren't the daggers of megiddo!! :thumbsdown ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back