Need pics of Starship troopers model

trooperprop

Hello everybody ,
Recently I was lucky enough to get a box full of production made dropship / rodger young part for my
collection directly from a lead model builder 8)
For years I a planning to build a studio scale drop ship. This box will kick start my model.
Please If you got any good refrence photos of the dropship please mail them to me or post them here.
All help will be greatly appriciated. (Scans of the photos from the UK magazine Sci Fi models part 2 also wanted)
Naturaly I will post pics of procres.
Greetings from the Netherlands,
BasD

Last edited:
I found this on Starship Modeler. I don't know who built it though.

dslate2.jpg

FB

Thank you, i got this pic already. This model is the screen used one :thumbsup THey adjusted the first model and added new guns. This version is seen in the final seconds of the movie.

Is there prehapes a rpf member who has worked on this show?

Thanks

BasD

I found this on Starship Modeler. I don't know who built it though.

dslate2.jpg

FB

These aren't much, but they're all I have:
Scans from Cinefex # 73
1-StarshipTroopersCinefex.jpg

2-StarshipTroopersCinefex.jpg

And two scans from Sci-Fi & Fantasy Models # 26
3-StarshipTroopersSci-FiFantasyMode.jpg

4-StarshipTroopersSci-FiFantasyMode.jpg

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Rob,

Thank you very very much for posting these pictures. The scans from cinefex are (y)thumbsup

Very much appriciated.

Does anybody got scans from
Sci-Fi & Fantasy Models # 27

BasD

Oops, I forgot about that one! I haven't looked at these mags in a long time.
Here they are:)

(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
Thank you very much!!! I have not seen those before.
Must get me a copy of this magazine.
THank you for posting them. It looks like a really big ship.
I can find some of my part on it. :cool

BasD

Hello CCE1,

Thank you very much for these great pics!!! You did a great job!
The movie is now 13 years old and the sfx is still impressive.
I always will favour a great miniature over cgi.

BAs

When I worked on Troopers 3 Marauder, Sony let us use whatever original models from the first film that we could from their archives and the drop ship was one of them. Although we never wound up using that model and went the cg route for the couple of shots that it was in, I still took a couple of quick pics of it just for myself...... hope these are of any help.

When I worked on Troopers 3 Marauder, Sony let us use whatever original models from the first film that we could from their archives and the drop ship was one of them. Although we never wound up using that model and went the cg route for the couple of shots that it was in, I still took a couple of quick pics of it just for myself...... hope these are of any help.

Thank you so much, what are great help these are.
(y)thumbsup:thumbsup
love the miniature work on sst3, the rodger young and the TAC's were great.

BasD

There are some great pictures. It is very difficult to find references to the original models.
Thank you very much for sharing!!

Hey Cesar,
Tried to pm you these pics you requested but me being computer illiterate it's easier for me to just post them here. My friend has more so I'll see if I can get some of his later, I'm sure his will be more detailed than mine. Hope these help.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back