Vendor problem? Anyone Dealt With Charles Wallace Design Studio?

George L.

I've ordered an Graflex ANH "conversion" kit from this guy almost a month ago:

http://members.aol.com/EDCstudios/kits.htm

One supplied email bounces and he/they do not respond to any of my emails using a separate addy asking status of my kit. Also, the eBay link on the site appears not to work. It states on the web site that there may be "a delay in the kits".

Well, I'm just trying to find out if the guy even exist and the status of my order for the hilt kit.

I was really interested in his "pressure cast" 7 segment Bubble Strip for my Graflex clamp as the current one I have is incorrect!

I hate to tie up the board with this BS, but have any of you heard of or dealt with this supplier before? Figured I'd ask here to you local experts that are fellow saber freaks! Any info would be appreciated!

Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but if you sell items, you should respond to a buyers emails :angry. Paid the guy through PayPal...

---

File a paypal complaint immediately. You have just joined a huge family of people still waiting (years) for product from him.

I am sure that someone will chime in here shortly.. I know that there have been many other threads here regarding Charles Wallace/EDC... Best of luck with your transaction..

Holy ****** - How in the world does Chip still operate a business?

When was the last time he actually delivered a product, 2004?

Seriously, we should have a "Do not do business with EDC/Charles Wallce - EVER" sticky at the top of evey forum.

Well, GL, hurry up and file a paypal complaint. Otherwise, you'll have to sic the police on him.

Doe anyone still have that video of the last time our board members went tohis house to get their stuff? Now that was some funny stuff..

-Fred

The thing that amazes me about that video and this isn't a isolated case i've seen it time and time again someone will get stiffed by a seller who finally comes good after a couple of years and suddenly this rip off merchant is the salt of the earth and a real nice guy.
Why is that why do people do that ?

Anyway like everyone says get that claim in right away hell i would even give the links to these threads to paypal just so they can see what a thief this plum is.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear you've fallen victim to EDC.

In 2003, after he "repeatedly made offers and/or received monies via the RPF and with it’s (sic) members, and ... repeatedly not followed through with the transactions," Charles Wallace (EDC Studios) was banned from the RPF due to "consistent inability for the above mentioned to deliver product after they have been paid...."

See Post #6:
RPF: List of Banned Members

Other recent Wallace-related threads:

RPF Prop Forum: I Need Help With Charles Wallace Design

RPF Prop Forum: Charles Wallace/EDC Studios???

propcircle: I Have Been Cheated By Charles Wallace!

See Post #112 and following:
propcircle: Rick Deckard's Apartment Keycard

yup,
last i heard was he moved into a small community about 30 miles from me. thats where the vid was taken. he still lists on ebay, i forget the name though.
john :cool

Sorry to hear about another possible deal gone bad. I never did get a small item from him. Don't remember if it was a Vader ball latch or a Covertec clip or something like that. At least it wasn't a big dollar item.

Last edited:
File a paypal complaint immediately. You have just joined a huge family of people still waiting (years) for product from him.

Great! :angry Burned by another phony/bad vendor! WTF?

I'll stay with BlastTech, Graflex Shop, etc.

Thanks for the warning guys, now off to PayPal to file a complaint!

!#$%# Farg!

---

Great! :angry Burned by another phony/bad vendor! WTF?

I'll stay with BlastTech, Graflex Shop, etc.

Thanks for the warning guys, now off to PayPal to file a complaint!

!#$%# Farg!

---

Guess what! I just got an email from Chip from CWDS! Seems Chip is going to ship my order soon. See below for copy of his email:

---

[from Chip at CWDS]

" Wow your nickname is Chip too?
I only met one other Chip my entire life, guess there are a few of us out there after all.

George, please take note my website states 4-8 weeks from receipt of purchase. With that said, the recent batch of ANH Graflex kits has just been completed, and will post this week, expect an email with tracking ASAP.

BTW: if there is any question about my reliability, by all means fell free to view my eBay feedback, I like to think it profiles my services very well.

Thank You,
CW Design "

[end Chip's email]

---

Soooo... I guess I'll see if he comes through now. I'll keep you guy's posted. Wish me luck!

---

You may get lucky as he does tend to ship out to his ebay customers - usually at the expense of his other customers.

But more than a few of us have been boned by him, even after months of "don't worry, I'm shipping it tomorrow with tracking" emails.

-Fred

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back