Showoff Thread: Red 3 (Biggs) X-Wing Pilot Helmet

temponaut

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Recently, I had the good fortune to bring into my collection an X-Wing pilot's helmet beautifully converted from a real APH-6B by our own Stephen210, who also finished and weathered the piece. Steve encouraged me to post some photos, so here they are. :)

I apologize in advance for the quality of the shots, in particular the glare and shadows evident in several of them. All of the photos were taken indoors with articifical lighting. I trust that, despite my poor photography, you'll be able to appreciate the beauty of Steve's work, especially the striking authenticity of the layered weathering featured in some of the detail shots.

3590938.jpeg

3638115.jpeg
3686359.jpeg
3718920.jpeg

3752744.jpeg

3783406.jpeg

3815940.jpeg

3845090.jpeg

3878073.jpeg

I understand from Steve that this was his very first APH-6B conversion, which makes the seamless quality all the more impressive. This helmet went on to become the mold for the X-Wing helmet kits that Richie's Armor produced.

Thanks to Stephen210 for his amazing work, to Pauleysolo for the opportunity to add this piece to my collection, and to Pilot for being such a gracious host. :) :thumbsup

Last edited:
Man I love that helmet. :)

Nice to see it again. You don't even want to know how many hours/days/weeks I spent on that thing. I think it is pushing 8 years ago I made it.

Steve

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back