I Need Measurments For A Star Trek Type III Phaser Rifle

Petseal

Hello all
I am looking into building a Type III Phaser Rifle that was used in The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine TV series! This is the one with the front that looks like the TNG hand phaser, with the long squarish body and the two pistol type grips underneath!
If someone has what they believe, or know, is a screen accurate version would you mind sending measurements from it?
I have lodes of screen caps for reference but due to the size and the multiple angles I am afraid I will make a complete mess of is if I can't find some measurements to start from!
Many thanks for any input, Petseal

You seek the Blaster Builders Club! :)

Pics & info here:
http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=33

C.

Thanks Coz! That was the site I found the "templates" for this prop, which were used to make one out of wood, see my first post!
I did download the templates from there but the problem was they did not come with any measurements!
I did some internet searches but only managed to find one site with sizes but they did not match the templates and there were two different rifles pictured, very confusing!
So using your link I went back and this time I found a response in the post were it states that the prop is 26.5" long, the body is a 2x4, the head is a 4x4 and the grips are 2x2!
Many thanks for pointing me BACK in the right direction!

Thanks also to sawduster, and yes that is the Phaser Rifle in question!

For anyone on the board who may like to attempt this build I hope this information helps and you are spared the frustration of searching site after site looking! It sure taught me to check the spot I found the original info FIRST! This step could save a lot of time and effort!
Later, Petseal

Thanks Coz! That was the site I found the "templates" for this prop, which were used to make one out of wood, see my first post!
I did download the templates from there but the problem was they did not come with any measurements!
I did some internet searches but only managed to find one site with sizes but they did not match the templates and there were two different rifles pictured, very confusing!
So using your link I went back and this time I found a response in the post were it states that the prop is 26.5" long, the body is a 2x4, the head is a 4x4 and the grips are 2x2!
Many thanks for pointing me BACK in the right direction!

Thanks also to sawduster, and yes that is the Phaser Rifle in question!

For anyone on the board who may like to attempt this build I hope this information helps and you are spared the frustration of searching site after site looking! It sure taught me to check the spot I found the original info FIRST! This step could save a lot of time and effort!
Later, Petseal
I will send you some sizes later today...Kev :cool

The original rifle was made from Jelutong. There wasn't enough time to make molds on the masters so the master was painted and went to set. Eventually the master came back to the shop so molds could be made and copies for the show.

Three people were involved with making the master of the rifle. Frank Issaccs made the head, Doug White made the pop up site and the rest of the rifle was made by Don Coleman, yours truly.

I can't access my rifle right now to measure it but the blueprint measures 25 3/4" long not 26.5"

Masterpiece Models made a kit of it (molds were taken from a screen used prop) a couple years back but no longer making them.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back