My Trek TOS Comm / Bluetooth homebuilt

Reaper57

This started a month ago when i said i had to find out if i could rig one.
i took a clock / calc type {IPI} communicator from a board brother.
added a Moto HF820 Bluetooth speakerphone from Ebay, $12.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300136105234

and started gutting , grinding and packing.:lol

i got it all in the case and still kept the opening chirp from the old electronics.

KNOW before anyone starts correcting me on the comm, this was a try it deal, the moire is not spaced right and it aint supposed to have train wheel lights but it is a test to see if it would work and it did.:thumbsup

the speaker in the rear is for the chirp, the BT spaeaker is behind the moire, mic is behind the little grill.

i had contruction pics but they are on my old comp that died last week so i took a couple new ones.
oh the right light works with the chirp and the middle light flshes when the BT is on and steady when in use. i sanded the leds flat and added jewels from another board buddy.
the left button answers the call , disconnects and connects for voice dialing.

of course it aint as clean and purdy , or has all the functions as the ones coming out soon but i just wanted to prove i could make one fit and work.
thats what this place is about.:rolleyes
john :cool

CAM_0322.jpg

CAM_0326.jpg

Great work John. :thumbsup I've been playing around with the same idea but was using an old playmates comm and Jabra bluetooth headset. I had put the project to the side but this gives me the motivation to finish it. I'm like you, I like to do things just to prove to myself it can be done.

to get the volume you need a car speakerphone.
mine is set to highest volume and can be heard very well. a lot louder than the stock chirp.

last week a new member showed us his scratchbuilt pulse rifle. thats what this board was mwnrt to be. to help people make things themselves . RPB means Replica Prop Builders, not Replica Prop Buyers.
now i will bow out before i am acused of sleeping with Boba Dept, sorry David.:lol:lol:lol

jhon :cool

i did not move any of the switches on the BT. i aligned them where i wanted them. the BT ind light was 1/4 inch of liing up so i made a bundle of 1/16 fiber optic cable in heat shrink to move the led to the jewel.

when the guy posted his scratch built aliens pulse rifle i was proud.
you donrt need to be an electronics guru.
it does this and i want it tho do this so i move this. simple garage type ellectronics.:lol
john :cool

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back